Greta Thunberg

Permabanned
Harry and Meghan’s foundation pledges to be net zero by 2030 (msn.com)

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Archewell Foundation has pledged to be net zero by 2030.

Inspired by Harry and Meghan’s “long-standing commitment to the planet, both together and prior to their union”, the company has committed to cut its carbon emissions over the next few years.

In a statement on its website, the foundation said: “Achieving net zero carbon emissions means making a series of choices over time to make that footprint as small as possible, while compensating for any remaining emissions through high-quality carbon removal projects.

“As an organisation, we will work with an independent consultant to track all Archewell-related activities from our inception (internet use, commutes, and electricity in home offices, for example) to understand our collective footprint.

The statement added that Harry’s sustainable tourism initiative Travalyst and the investing firm Ethic, which the pair have invested in, will advise the foundation on “focusing” its investments “in support of a low-carbon economy”.

A spokesperson for Archewell said: “Carbon emissions are a part of nearly every activity in daily life—the food we eat, the electricity we use, and the internet we are connected to, for example. The totality of these actions comprises our ‘carbon footprint’.

“Today’s commitment is that Archewell, including Prince Harry and Meghan the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be working with experts to assess the sum total of our emissions, and develop a plan of action to reach net zero."

Soldato
“Today’s commitment is that Archewell, including Prince Harry and Meghan the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be working with experts to assess the sum total of our emissions, and develop a plan of action to reach net zero."
Sound like netflix could do a parody re-imagining of The Good Life , her/MG as Margo, Duchess Cam as Barbara

Permabanned
The people she gets the data from are right, don't give her applause for saying it, she is the first to say "Follow the Experts" because she isn't one.

Well, technically you are right. But it is her choice to be on the right side.

In opposition to the dumb climate deniers Trump, Xi Jinping, Putin and Ram Nath Kovind.

Permabanned
She gets applause for bringing it to the attention of the masses.

Yes, she acts like a PR. Bringing the important discussions down to the mainstream.
Because if she doesn't do it, the media censorship led by Trump or Putin would silence every scientific data.

If the US turns red again in 2024, it will be the European Union and countries in Europe that will lead the climate action.

Permabanned
Everyone can help.

How?

Plant trees! As many as you can. The field is empty and waiting for new trees.

Use as low amounts of energy as possible - no power hungry computers, no power hungry lighting, no power hungry dish washers, washing machines, refrigerators, etc.
Don't travel if not critical, no vacations to the other side of the Earth on pollution airplanes.

Man of Honour

I'm going to one of my nieces wedding next year and instead of buying gifts we've got to pay £20 to plant a tree somewhere in Scotland.
I'm not looking forward to the vegan wedding dinner though so we'll be cutting some sandwiches up to eat in secret.

Soldato
I'm going to one of my nieces wedding next year and instead of buying gifts we've got to pay £20 to plant a tree somewhere in Scotland.
I'm not looking forward to the vegan wedding dinner though so we'll be cutting some sandwiches up to eat in secret.
You should rock up with a big Mac meal and proudly eat it, proclaiming that you're a carnivore and proud, then try and convert all the vegans to eat meat.

Soldato
If the trees were going to be planted anyway - by IKEA say, this can be a false idol - eco-fascism in newly in my vocabulary, and, wondering whether boris should offer a referendum on his net-zero strategy timeline.

Alcohol, or just sulphite free, too ?

After looking at the price of vegan milks - it looks as though it would be cheaper to buy dairy and purchase trees with the premium you would otherwise pay to the Oatly shareholders.

Back
Top Bottom