Greta Thunberg

Permabanned
The thing is that we are dumping too much CO2 and methane in the atmosphere, so the likelihood about future glacial periods dramatically falls.

It is more likely that the Earth may become Venus 2 with a runaway greenhouse effect. If we don't stop the dirty industries.

Soldato
The thing is that we are dumping too much CO2 and methane in the atmosphere, so the likelihood about future glacial periods dramatically falls.

It is more likely that the Earth may become Venus 2 with a runaway greenhouse effect. If we don't stop the dirty industries.

That is ridiculous, plainly over geological time frames the planet keeps swinging because we have several events where the planet has had very high and very low CO2 concentrations which suggests processes that act towards a balance.

If CO2 got too high even if we died out plant life would flourish and carbon sinks would build up taking CO2 out of the air. Venus is a ridiculous comparison to make.

Permabanned
That is ridiculous, plainly over geological time frames the planet keeps swinging because we have several events where the planet has had very high and very low CO2 concentrations which suggests processes that act towards a balance.

If CO2 got too high even if we died out plant life would flourish and carbon sinks would build up taking CO2 out of the air. Venus is a ridiculous comparison to make.

This type of ridiculous thinking is exactly the reason for where we are today.
Read more, write less :mad:

How Venus Turned Into Hell, and How the Earth Is Next | Space
Venus was once more Earth-like, but climate change made it uninhabitable (theconversation.com)
Could climate change turn Earth into Venus? - BBC Science Focus Magazine
Runaway greenhouse effect - Wikipedia

"As the Sun becomes 10% brighter about one billion years from now, the surface temperature of Earth will reach 47 °C (117 °F), causing the temperature of Earth to rise rapidly and its oceans to boil away until it becomes a greenhouse planet, similar to Venus today."

Soldato
verbatim from wikipedia article 4K8KW10 posted said:
Debate remains, however, on whether carbon dioxide can push surface temperatures towards the moist greenhouse limit.[24][25] Climate scientist John Houghton has written that "[there] is no possibility of [Venus's] runaway greenhouse conditions occurring on the Earth".[26] The IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) has also stated that "a 'runaway greenhouse effect'—analogous to [that of] Venus—appears to have virtually no chance of being induced by anthropogenic activities."[27] However, climatologist James Hansen disagrees. In his Storms of My Grandchildren he says that burning coal and mining oil sands will result in runaway greenhouse on Earth.[28] A re-evaluation in 2013 of the effect of water vapor in the climate models showed that James Hansen's outcome would require ten times the amount of CO2 we could release from burning all the oil, coal, and natural gas in Earth's crust.[24]

Caporegime
4K8KW10 never reads the articles they post themselves. They just read titles, usually clickbait ones. It's either "the apocalypse is upon us" or "this invention will solve all the problems".

You should see his posts in the gpu and cpu forums, he has ALL the answers yet has never been head hunted by AMD, Intel or Nvidia. In his fantasy land these companies can design and crap out a cpu or gpu in around 5 minutes. Better off putting him on ignore or you might end up drowning in his BS.

Permabanned
i got sertificats n errything

Look, I do not want to be rude, to insult you or anything, but if you don't believe that a runaway greenhouse effect is possible, you have to at least more thoroughly consider the situation that we are currently in, and that we don't actually know what could happen.
We are releasing vast quantities of CO2 that helps to melt the permafrost lands in Norway, Finland, Russia, Canada, that release toxic methane which is 85 times more potent greenhouse gas than the CO2.
So, what I am trying to convince you - is that you should not underestimate the consequences. Because we never know.

Caporegime
Look, I do not want to be rude, to insult you or anything, but if you don't believe that a runaway greenhouse effect is possible, you have to at least more thoroughly consider the situation that we are currently in, and that we don't actually know what could happen.
We are releasing vast quantities of CO2 that helps to melt the permafrost lands in Norway, Finland, Russia, Canada, that release toxic methane which is 85 times more potent greenhouse gas than the CO2.
So, what I am trying to convince you - is that you should not underestimate the consequences. Because we never know.

I don't particularly care. You could tell me water is wet and I wouldn't believe you. Anyone else? Sure. You? No, not in a million years.

Man of Honour
I will turn personally to you and ask - what have you done positive in order to help the world to soften the dramatic climate related issues that it has? Attacking members in the forum?

You're trying to draw attention away from the fact that you don't read the articles you post. You only read the titles, which are often clickbait and always hyper-simplified. As a result, you frequently claim the articles say things they don't say and you never have any useful knowledge. It's not even just that you dive deep into conformation bias (although you do) - the articles you post don't even superficially confirm your statements. For example, just a few posts ago you cited a valid prediction of what will happen due to changes in the sun in a billion years and claimed it was what would happen in the near future because of the use of fossil fuels.

You can try to draw attention away from that all you like. I'll draw attention back to it. You can complain that pointing out what you do is attacking you, but that's just more nonsense. If you don't like people pointing out what you do, stop doing it. You should stop doing it if you actually care about the environment, because what you do is counter-productive to that. People know that what you're saying is wrong. Even the articles you cite say that you're wrong. So your wrongness taints the message. It certainly isn't doing anything positive.

I'd bet good money my environmental impact is far lower than average for the UK and probably lower than yours. But that's not the point here.

Permabanned
It's environmentalist svengalis who have landed Europe and Germany in particular under duress from Russia as they have allowed themselves to become so pitifully dependent on outside energy sources as they kowtow to the green lobbyists.

The lobbyists who, in the main are Psalm singing hypocrites like 4K8LW10 here.

Permabanned

lol .. you do know the last time co2 was much higher than this the planet exploded with life ?? when co2 drops below 250-80 ppm everything dies .. ..and as for the cooling it's coming

Permabanned
You're trying to draw attention away from the fact that you don't read the articles you post. You only read the titles, which are often clickbait and always hyper-simplified. As a result, you frequently claim the articles say things they don't say and you never have any useful knowledge. It's not even just that you dive deep into conformation bias (although you do) - the articles you post don't even superficially confirm your statements. For example, just a few posts ago you cited a valid prediction of what will happen due to changes in the sun in a billion years and claimed it was what would happen in the near future because of the use of fossil fuels.

You can try to draw attention away from that all you like. I'll draw attention back to it. You can complain that pointing out what you do is attacking you, but that's just more nonsense. If you don't like people pointing out what you do, stop doing it. You should stop doing it if you actually care about the environment, because what you do is counter-productive to that. People know that what you're saying is wrong. Even the articles you cite say that you're wrong. So your wrongness taints the message. It certainly isn't doing anything positive.

I'd bet good money my environmental impact is far lower than average for the UK and probably lower than yours. But that's not the point here.

Why do you think that I don't read the articles that I post? It is a false claim by you.
Maybe I am the only person who reads my own postings :D

Back
Top Bottom