Grim Dawn - ARPG

Associate
OP
1.2 update, some noted things as they came up.

new buttons for infinite potions, no more potions in inventory.
new upgradeable evasion dash ability.
character auras + buffs automatically toggled on.
toggle on/off aura visuals in options menu.
loot beams.
MI and double rare icons and drop sounds.
approx 60% less loot drops, better loot drops, more iron bits drop to compensate.
level scaling updated so you can play to maximum level on each difficulty.
relic crafting streamlined.
modding - double the available map size from 2 to 4GB.
nullification rework: auras and buffs purged for a short time only (currently 5s)
new monster debuff, sundered = characters take additional % damage, replaces resist reduction.
shattered realm shrines redesigned to offer better buffs for 30s.
mutators overhauled: only positive now and stronger, basically buffs.
pets now set to aggressive by default.

Edit: link to full 1.2 playtest build notes & 29/8/23 Twitch stream

***NEW EXPANSION AND MASTERY in 2024!***

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Zantai said they're still working on their own game engine which will be used to make GD2 and a Grim Dawn RTS, this expansion is in part also a lore prelude to that RTS.

Associate
OP
new patch really was a homerun
Game feels so much better to play
yup, the QoL, fewer but better quality items and baked in dash/ dodge really is great.

Tempted to get back into this myself. Havnt played the latest dlc so will probabky get that while its cheaper.
no better time, get some hours in before the next expansion later next year. :)

also, on the surprise 1.2 release day dev stream they announced a 3rd loyalty pack :)

Associate
OP
So picked the definitive edition of this and having a great time. Gonna just wing my own build. How big is this game and is there any end game to it?
the games pretty big. as for the endgame there is increased difficulties, making new characters/ builds, min-maxing, challenge dungeons, nemesis bosses, celestial bosses, crucible and shattered realm, secret quests and whatever challenges you wish to try/ impose on yourself. :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sorry for the noob question but how do you know when you finished the entire game difficulty level? I thought I went right through defeated the bosses including the expansions but it doesn't give you any indication if I should stop and load the next difficulty level? Thx.

so there's the main game and 2 expansion bosses if you want to do them all before moving up. its also worth doing The Hidden Path secret quest. then its back to the main menu and changing the difficulty. :)

on top of that there's any farming you might want to do to round out the character as higher difficulties reduce your resists, on elite your top row of resists are reduced by 25%, on ultimate a further 25% on the top row and the second row is also now reduced 25%. its also worth overcapping by about 35-50% too as some monster attacks can reduce your resists.

Reactions: Kyo
Associate
OP
new Plushie design in the works too. :)

Associate
OP
im starting off with a bleed + vitality Grasping Vines, works well for melting monster packs and totems, not too shabby on bosses either due to being able to stack a lot of -% resists.

Back
Top Bottom