Grim Dawn - ARPG

Associate
Transformative 10th Mastery? We getting shapeshifting or something?

I'm sure the FINAL update to this game was about 3 expansion size patches back at this point :cry:, these guys really deserve credit, I'll throw money at them for whatever content they release at this point, they've earned it.
seems.
Its easier for them to design that than to start GD2 as the game still has a good fanbase

Associate
OP
Zantai said they're still working on their own game engine which will be used to make GD2 and a Grim Dawn RTS, this expansion is in part also a lore prelude to that RTS.

Associate
I'm having a quick blast through with a new character and it feels like a pretty decent update already. The amount/quality of loot is dramatically different, practically no trash, loads of useful rares right out of the gate, I'm at Homestead but already holding on to several build modifying items.

The evade skill is nice, doubles up as a little movement skill as well. I don't use it too much because I've gone pet Shaman/Occultist so I'm not really in the firing line, but it seems very strong. The new potions are fine, they have strong effects and just enough of a cooldown that they aren't just an easy survive button bosses/uniques.

The automated auras are nice, my skill bar feels much less cluttered already. The option for bigger health bars is pretty good too, it's much easier to keep track of pets. It's hard to notice some of the skill changes so far, my Briarthorn feels like it's hitting like an absolute truck though.

Man of Honour
I'm having a quick blast through with a new character and it feels like a pretty decent update already. The amount/quality of loot is dramatically different, practically no trash, loads of useful rares right out of the gate, I'm at Homestead but already holding on to several build modifying items.

The evade skill is nice, doubles up as a little movement skill as well. I don't use it too much because I've gone pet Shaman/Occultist so I'm not really in the firing line, but it seems very strong. The new potions are fine, they have strong effects and just enough of a cooldown that they aren't just an easy survive button bosses/uniques.

The automated auras are nice, my skill bar feels much less cluttered already. The option for bigger health bars is pretty good too, it's much easier to keep track of pets. It's hard to notice some of the skill changes so far, my Briarthorn feels like it's hitting like an absolute truck though.
I second that comment on the drops, big improvement, theres not 70 items on the ground now and full backpacks constantly and the quality of the drops is much improved. Already had some really nice set items dropped. Also feels like there are a lot more abilities and attributes on items now which brings nice additional options to builds and playstyles

Soldato
yeah seems pretty good, only a couple of hours in to a new dual pistol build. Will be interesting to see if the community league guys will update and keep moding it

Associate
OP
new patch really was a homerun
Game feels so much better to play
yup, the QoL, fewer but better quality items and baked in dash/ dodge really is great.

Tempted to get back into this myself. Havnt played the latest dlc so will probabky get that while its cheaper.
no better time, get some hours in before the next expansion later next year. :)

also, on the surprise 1.2 release day dev stream they announced a 3rd loyalty pack :)

Associate
It's been years since I played this, can anyone recommend a decent starter build to get back into it? I remember having a pet build that slayed pretty much everything but do tend to prefer melee or bow (I guess gun in this context) builds though. Thanks!

Soldato
So picked the definitive edition of this and having a great time. Gonna just wing my own build. How big is this game and is there any end game to it?

Back
Top Bottom