Grim Dawn - ARPG

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Absolutely loving this reached Malmouth now still first play through on normal. Love reading the lore and background stories. The trip south my favourite so far. Very Grim. Got Forgotten god's to come as well. Can't wait.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Does anyone know if Crate has announced if they are making a GD2? Seen a few posts one from Zantai iirc said it is.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I thought they was making a world building settlers style game ?

They are but have multiple projects on the go and in the pipe apparently. Found this post Zantai from a year ago via Reddit.

Zantai · 1 yr. ago
Crate Entertainment
Well I can tell you we've got an ominous work directory called Grim Dawn Too and that we are working on a new proprietary engine (that our RTS will likely run on), but as it is, such things take time and we've got a lot of pies in the oven and only so many hands.
P.S. I see some comments about the cancelled project. That was an attempt to reuse the Grim Dawn engine for a side-game set in the Grim Dawn world, but ultimately the work it would have involved grew rapidly out of scope for what was supposed to be a small project. We asked ourselves some honest questions about how many resources we were willing to commit to it and decided to shelve it indefinitely.
No other projects have been cancelled. Which still makes 3 games in various stages of development!

Reactions: SPG
Associate
Excellent, I noticed that there was a notification on the Discord channel but hadn't checked it out yet.

I didn't get too far last time but was having a lot of fun, I went with a bloody pox build but ended up converting all the damage to elemental with some of the new items and it really packed a punch for levelling.

I'm in a pet build mood as of late so might just go Necromancer this time.

Soldato
I'm actually going to get round to properly playing this one day, I'm going to have to skip a POE season to do it though. I think that's what I'm going to do, skip next league and play this and Last Epoch.

Soldato
I'm actually going to get round to properly playing this one day, I'm going to have to skip a POE season to do it though. I think that's what I'm going to do, skip next league and play this and Last Epoch.

the grim dawn league doesn't come up very often, it's not like POE 4 times per year. It's more a collect points until the timer runs out event so not really a race or anything

Soldato
the grim dawn league doesn't come up very often, it's not like POE 4 times per year. It's more a collect points until the timer runs out event so not really a race or anything

Yeah, I was thinking more of having the time to play DG properly without getting distraceted by another POE league really.

Associate
season 5 is a bit harder than previous, some great additions are essences to reroll gear aka like poe has but works better with grim dawn design.
GD is better gameplay than poe and looks better.
The gameplay is faster now due to Mod changes exp and progress a bit.
Overall a decent league better than any poe league I played the last 3 years.

Associate
OP
1.2 update, some noted things as they came up.

new buttons for infinite potions, no more potions in inventory.
new upgradeable evasion dash ability.
character auras + buffs automatically toggled on.
toggle on/off aura visuals in options menu.
loot beams.
MI and double rare icons and drop sounds.
approx 60% less loot drops, better loot drops, more iron bits drop to compensate.
level scaling updated so you can play to maximum level on each difficulty.
relic crafting streamlined.
modding - double the available map size from 2 to 4GB.
nullification rework: auras and buffs purged for a short time only (currently 5s)
new monster debuff, sundered = characters take additional % damage, replaces resist reduction.
shattered realm shrines redesigned to offer better buffs for 30s.
mutators overhauled: only positive now and stronger, basically buffs.
pets now set to aggressive by default.

Edit: link to full 1.2 playtest build notes & 29/8/23 Twitch stream

***NEW EXPANSION AND MASTERY in 2024!***

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Crate are a great DEV team, I think the know they have such a loyal following with GD, looking forward to splashing my cash on yet another expansion :)

Associate
Transformative 10th Mastery? We getting shapeshifting or something?

I'm sure the FINAL update to this game was about 3 expansion size patches back at this point :cry:, these guys really deserve credit, I'll throw money at them for whatever content they release at this point, they've earned it.

Back
Top Bottom