GTA trilogy with modern upgrades is confirmed.

Soldato
Its kinda running on 2 engines i think, unreal for sure but also its running something else that can read the old scripts and physics stuff as they didnt rewrite that much to make it work in unreal. Thats why it feels like the old games. I think unreal is just for the gfx lighting to work and few other bits. Its weird aint it.

I just cant believe that rockstar/take2 has so much money from gta games i.e billions. That they didnt put the cash were their mouth was so to speak and offer one of the best remasters anyone would have ever seen but nope they did well with some things but a lot of it was ai upscaling then human tweaking some things tho not all things were caught, and obvious engine problems etc.

I really thought better of rs to do right by those games that helped put them on the map.

Dan housen or whatever he is called got out at the right time i think. Hope his new company does well. Maybe he can make some games that rival rs, since he was the main man for the gta games, well the story and writing and maybe other things iirc.

Btw i was wondering something. Is gta trilogy now running dx12 or vulkan or something older?
DX11, but forcing DX12 through exe command line arguments and locking to 60FPS seems to improve performance very significantly according to a YouTube video I saw.

Soldato
no this is the FIRST unreal GTA & its not done by rockstar its been out sourced to save time/money so they can work on GTA ONLINE

They really have lost their reputation & respect from lot of gamers now zero QA from RS

I am fully aware of what Grove Street Games have done.
However, regardless of what engine they have used to release it on, they have been through this before. They have had the code for years. When they ported them to mobile.
Also Rockstar has known for years what not to include because there have been multiple updates to remove content from out of licence songs.
Given Grove Streets involvement, I really don't understand how this was not picked up given everybody's experience with the code.

I am just curious to what it is in the files that they pulled it. Was it the songs or was it the dev labels or something undiscovered?

Soldato
@StrongSad

When I extracted the .pak using Fmodel there were references to Gyrometers still in the files as well as "pressure/touchscreen". I have since deleted the extracted files and not sure I could get them back as I don't use restore points.

Soldato
@StrongSad

When I extracted the .pak using Fmodel there were references to Gyrometers still in the files as well as "pressure/touchscreen". I have since deleted the extracted files and not sure I could get them back as I don't use restore points.
Gyro and touchscreen would be for the Switch I expect. Gyro is pretty good compared to using the joystick to aim

Soldato
Really do want to buy this and would be happy paying the £55 as i do think for 3 epic games that's a bargain these days.

Although i don't know which platform to buy it on. :confused:

• PS4 Pro (Assume it'll be locked to 30fps) maybe upscaled from 1080 to 4k?
  • Xbox One X (Assume it'll be locked to 30fps) maybe upscaled from 1080 to 4k?
  • PC - Consistent 60 FPS?
Are the previous generation consoles able to hit 60 fps at all? I think id rather buy it on console so i can play it on the big screen & sofa!

Soldato
I think the game uses legacy code still, but runs on an unreal engine for graphical rendering, hence the weird old Dev comments.

I wouldn't say the comments left in the code were weird, inappropriate for the public to see sure but nothing sinister. Granted some of the comments in 2021 likely will cause outrage but that's nothing new in this day and age.

Back
Top Bottom