GTA trilogy with modern upgrades is confirmed.

Soldato
These game were super fun when I played back in the days them so really looking forward to playing these again, I hope the remakes or whatever they are doing will be high quality.

Soldato
For me Vice City was the best one I've played with the soundtrack being a bit part of the reason why. It was amazing so it's whether they can still use that soundtrack or not (I know it got changed in later versions of the game). Emotion FM was brilliant (if you liked 80s music).

M.

Soldato
I doubt UE5 would be used, Rockstar bought the studio doing the work 2 years ago, it's probably been in development since then, and I don't think the advantages of UE5 would be of benefit anyway.

Associate
I doubt UE5 would be used, Rockstar bought the studio doing the work 2 years ago, it's probably been in development since then, and I don't think the advantages of UE5 would be of benefit anyway.
Tbf even the same engine as GTA 5 (RAGE I think its called, could be wrong) would be more than enough for them. I mean the engine seems fairly optimised with GTA and seems to handle RDR2 fine also.

Soldato
Tbf even the same engine as GTA 5 (RAGE I think its called, could be wrong) would be more than enough for them. I mean the engine seems fairly optimised with GTA and seems to handle RDR2 fine also.
It's Rockstar Dundee who are doing it, but they aren't familier with RAGE, so that's why UE is being used. They have prior experience with porting games to UE.

Associate
It's Rockstar Dundee who are doing it, but they aren't familier with RAGE, so that's why UE is being used. They have prior experience with porting games to UE.
Ahhh, I didnt know Dundee didn't have experience with RAGE. I mean if they're using EU5 theoretically they should be able to get pretty good graphics too.

Soldato
Ahhh, I didnt know Dundee didn't have experience with RAGE. I mean if they're using EU5 theoretically they should be able to get pretty good graphics too.

Take2 bought Ruffian Games, Now R* Dundee last year after starting to work with them the year before. That is when the speculation started that something was going to be remastered.
I am not sure there will be much more than a straight port.
The Definitive Edition will feature across-the-board upgrades including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements for all three titles, while still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals

Caporegime
haha 50 notes when u can get em a few quid each off steam on sale. wow.
I'm 100% sure they'll be quietly removed from Steam a few weeks, maybe even a couple of months prior to the launch of this. Either that or they'll be bumped in price to £20 each or something making this better value. Take Two and Rockstar wouldn't miss that trick.

Man of Honour
By the same token I was excited to get the remaster of Mario 64 on Switch but zero effort was put into that, laughably there are better versions available on emulators on PC.

These "remasters" are becoming a joke if I'm honest. If you want to do it, do it properly. Looking at you Black Mesa!
Part of the issue is "remaster" is quite a loose term, really there are three tiers:

1) Remake Remaster - a new game built around the original, likely to offer gameplay enhancements in addition to technical enhancements.
2) Good Remaster - optimised graphics, sound, controls, options, bug fixes, modern multiplayer support.
3) Lazy Remaster - basically a new skin, little attempt to optimise controls, multiplayer or gameplay quirks.

Something like GTA3 really needs to be a 1) I think because a lot of the mechanics don't stack up today. The missions are pretty primitive, lack of checkpoints, hard to aim (drive-bys are really hard you can't aim with the mouse), annoying arbitrary timelimits, can't swim etc. I went back to it a few years ago after like a 7 year break or something and whilst it was ok-ish it really wasn't as playable as something like San Andreas, it reminded me of why I gave up near the end of the second island when I originally played it, I did a few more missions and unlocked the 3rd island but then got stuck again.
I honestly don't think I will play a GTA3 remaster unless it addresses some of the flaws in the original and make it less clunky.

Vice City you could probably get away with a 2), whack up the draw distance a lot, improve all the visuals, remastered cutscenes and the core gameplay probably stacks up OK, it was my favourite of the series.

Man of Honour
Recreate or AI upscale the textures.
Recreate the model in significantly higher polygon versions.
GTA 5 engine.

LICENSE ALL THE MUSIC AGAIN!

Soldato
Thing is at least Skyrim is the latest version of the Elder Scrolls saga. This would be like Bethesda re-releasing an updated version of Oblivion on modern system. IE Pretty much pointless IMO when Skyrim exists already.

I mean it's Bethesda, they've already got fans doing that for them as usual :p

Soldato
For me Vice City was the best one I've played with the soundtrack being a bit part of the reason why. It was amazing so it's whether they can still use that soundtrack or not (I know it got changed in later versions of the game). Emotion FM was brilliant (if you liked 80s music).
M.

Lge7EwR.jpg

Amen to that :)

Back
Top Bottom