GTA trilogy with modern upgrades is confirmed.

Soldato
Certainly the minimum and recommended specs, if true, don't point to anything ground breaking. Or even on the level of GTA V on PC.

The Definitive Edition will feature across-the-board upgrades including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements for all three titles, while still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals.
It won't look anything like GTA V, I think they are pretty clear on that.

Soldato
it's crazy GTAV never had SP expansions.

they must have had plans for them before online started milking people so easily
Read something about the main story writer leaving and legally not then being able to expand on the story with DLCs...

Could be totally wrong however as it was ages ago now and they sure as hell made money with online!

Caporegime
Read something about the main story writer leaving and legally not then being able to expand on the story with DLCs...
the GTAIV expansions were stand alone and had like nothing to do with the main story? or do I remember it wrong.

I don't see why they couldn't have done the same, Ballad of gay tony was GTA IV with the volume turned up to 12.
I think one of the first missions was getting in a heli with chain guns and destroying a yacht :D

Soldato
the GTAIV expansions were stand alone and had like nothing to do with the main story? or do I remember it wrong.

I don't see why they couldn't have done the same, Ballad of gay tony was GTA IV with the volume turned up to 12.
I think one of the first missions was getting in a heli with chain guns and destroying a yacht :D

Yeh done some Googling, must have been my imagination.

Online £$£$££ killed what they had planned for DLC. A quick look shows some sort of Zombie Apocalypse DLC was in the making lol...

Soldato
They will have to re licenced all the tracks that have been removed over the years. So nobody will know until they are released.

Also, they will be available on steam as the markers have been found.
I think that it's safe to say that there will be a lot missing then as it will either cost too much to licence or they won't want their music affiliated with such a violent game

Soldato
Then it can’t be unreal driving those notably higher than GTAV system requirements.

GTAV was built on a version of RAGE that predates the release of UE 4 so the specs for UE would be higher. Also we don't know what textures and AA have been added to the remakes that would require a higher spec.

Regardless they are super low as a starting point. If true of course.

Soldato
GTAV was built on a version of RAGE that predates the release of UE 4 so the specs for UE would be higher. Also we don't know what textures and AA have been added to the remakes that would require a higher spec.

Regardless they are super low as a starting point. If true of course.
I imagine the requirements are driven by something else rather than the engine otherwise it wouldn’t run on the Switch. It could be textures, draw distance, number of npcs etc.

Soldato
I imagine the requirements are driven by something else rather than the engine otherwise it wouldn’t run on the Switch. It could be textures, draw distance, number of npcs etc.

I defo think you are underrating the power of the Switch. The specs, if true, are all vastly less than the switch and any of the games could run maxed out. The games will be buffed but no more then ported into UE. It is a one fit all solution. They are doing the least amount of work in order to flog it.
If they were in the slightest invested in making a good re-release they would have ported the PC version into either GTAV RAGE or RDR2 RAGE. We know that it is possible because Take 2 have spent the last 6 months removing every mod that used the original files from GTA 3, VC and SA.
The fact that the steam DB has file placement with the text gta3unreal, gtavcunreal, gtasaunreal sort of indicates where we are going with this.

Soldato
I defo think you are underrating the power of the Switch. The specs, if true, are all vastly less than the switch and any of the games could run maxed out. The games will be buffed but no more then ported into UE. It is a one fit all solution. They are doing the least amount of work in order to flog it.
If they were in the slightest invested in making a good re-release they would have ported the PC version into either GTAV RAGE or RDR2 RAGE. We know that it is possible because Take 2 have spent the last 6 months removing every mod that used the original files from GTA 3, VC and SA.
The fact that the steam DB has file placement with the text gta3unreal, gtavcunreal, gtasaunreal sort of indicates where we are going with this.
I would put the 760 (the min requirement) about 3x faster than the Tegra X1. The i5 2700k CPU around double what the switch can do. I’m interested to see what the Switch gets as that is the platform I’m thinking about getting this for as playing this on the move is my aim.

Soldato
Is the unreal 4 engine got RT built into it? Be nice if it did as id imagine the games would look nice with it and since there old assets like low poly models the game probs could run full rt fine on em maybe?

Also i find something strange. PC users never got to play the other 2 games that were on handhelds i think chinatown and some other one, shame they couldnt have included those in a remaster and brought to pc. It would have been nice to have those stories to go through.

Back
Top Bottom