GTR 2 Demo friday.

Associate
Oh boy ^_^

Edit: Oh my God - just flicking through the screens. I think this may be the first time I'll upgrade my machine just to play a video game - it looks awesome :p

Last edited:
Associate
I so want this to be good. I doubt the handling has changed much since the previous version, and that is what put me off it. I just don't like the way the cars move. Even if they look that pretty!

Fingers crossed.

Man of Honour
GTR is/was fantastic, I'm just hoping for more of the same from GTR2. I'm wondering if they'll make the sound any better (if that is possible), but I'm looking forward to playing the demo anyway.

Associate
the thing with these sim games (gtr/gt legends/rFactor) is I find them good for a short while, but I get bored of them quickly :confused: and just go back to playing lfs :D

Soldato
Yeah you girls stick to LFS :D

GTR2 should be amazing, I just hope the netcode is a lot more robust than it was in GTR which for me was its only letdown, apart from the dodgy low speed physics.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Excellent.

GTR was brilliant, slightly flaky but still brilliant. This should be even better. I tried playing LFS and rFactor but couldn't get into them. GTR just felt so much better.

Associate
Mr Men said:
Yeah you girls stick to LFS :D

OOHHH! Watch it. The girls that do play LFS are fast. Got beat by Honey last night :D

DaveyMeister said:
GTR just sounds amazing

Doesn't it just. I remember the first demo, took me ages to get out of the pit lane as I was just revving that Morgan for the explosive sound.

The reason I didn't like GTR was mostly as it felt so disconnected when driving. I adjusted all I could to see if my wheel wasn't getting the right info but after trying on a friend's wheel it was just the same.

All boils down to the fact that I can have a rip roaring time even on my own, on a track, a***ing around in LFS even in a hardcore car. In GTR it felt a chore and unrewarding as the unlying "mechanics" felt wrong (to me.)

Hope GTRmkII hits the spot!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Scottie2004 said:
I've never heard of GTR, is it pretty decent then? I'm really enjoying NFSMW at the moment, does GTR2 have the same feeling of speed?

HAHAHHA,

Seriously if you like NFS you wont like this.

Its hardcore sim and very hard to get good at it. Worth playing, but nothing like NFS.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
OP
Scottie2004 said:
I've never heard of GTR, is it pretty decent then? I'm really enjoying NFSMW at the moment, does GTR2 have the same feeling of speed?
NFSMW is a kiddie game compared to gtr, gtr has an awesome sensation of driving a real uber fast car, get the game and drive a ferrari 550 round monza, the engine sounds and sensation of driving on the limit are awesome.

Associate
I didn't really get into GTR but i loved GTL so i'm quite looking forward to this demo tomorrow, read somewhere that the two cars in the demo are the Ferrari 575 GTC and the Lamborghini Murciélago R-GT, we'll have to wait and see :)

Back
Top Bottom