GTR detailed, proper pics :)

Ok so not too different to here. It takes around 13 years form start to finish here also.

So you are a resident in radiology now? Thats a very commutative area to be in, but then taking home half a million a year after your done is not bad going so all the hard work and long hours will be worth it:D

No, I'm still in med school at the moment but I do a lot of rotations to make sure I'm top of the pile to get into interventional radiology.

Interventional doesn't seem to be under the same threat as regular radiology, you can't outsource surgery! That and it's totally addicting, I love it; even after a 20 hour day, I still want to get up and go back to work :)

[ui]ICEMAN;20278636 said:
No, I'm still in med school at the moment but I do a lot of rotations to make sure I'm top of the pile to get into interventional radiology.

Interventional doesn't seem to be under the same threat as regular radiology, you can't outsource surgery! That and it's totally addicting, I love it; even after a 20 hour day, I still want to get up and go back to work :)

You could be a pauper and I'd still envy you for your last sentence. :)

[ui]ICEMAN;20278636 said:

Ah well best of luck, I will probably quit medicine soon but if I do stick to it I will probably want to go into radiology also.

So...you're a trauma surgeon...despite still being a student? I've heard of poetic licence but that is ridiculous.

You obviously have shedloads of cash, but your story seems to be ever changing...why?

What would your attending say if he knew you were going around telling people you were a trauma surgeon?

I was initially going to be in trauma, changed my mind and obviously the important job of updating my profile must have slipped my mind. My attendings wouldn't care, I'm going to be a fully qualified doctor soon, do I really have to spell it all out in my profile?

Great car, your future career excites me even more though- $500k/year- wow! Sounds a fascinating job too.

[ui]ICEMAN;20280334 said:
I was initially going to be in trauma, changed my mind and obviously the important job of updating my profile must have slipped my mind. My attendings wouldn't care, I'm going to be a fully qualified doctor soon, do I really have to spell it all out in my profile?

Haters gonna hate and all that, some people are anal or just really jealous.

Thats really impressive, you are younger than me and have owned already almost every dream car i would have thought of! I obviously have to look outside of medicine to earn more money .... where to start :confused: ?

Will probably start to locum next year to boost the income! Out of all the cars you have owned, which has been the best to drive?

Haterz Gon' Hate !

I am jealous, but good on you for being able to do well in life and afford these things!

Need Pics of the Center console Gadgets though :cool:

Great car, your future career excites me even more though- $500k/year- wow! Sounds a fascinating job too.

It takes 15 years of training before you start making that sort of money, some can make 1 to 1.5 million per year however the 5 years of residency you do is hell and you only make 50k per year.

It takes 15 years of training before you start making that sort of money, some can make 1 to 1.5 million per year however the 5 years of residency you do is hell and you only make 50k per year.

Only 50k a year, I simply cannot imagine how one can survive on such little income :p

Only 50k a year, I simply cannot imagine how one can survive on such little income :p

50k USD which is a joke if you consider most have spent 7 years in university and around 250 000 USD worth of debt.

That added to the fact that they work 12+ hours per day 5 or 6 days per week.

We make about the same in the uk however we do not work as long hours anymore.

50k USD which is a joke if you consider most have spent 7 years in university and around 250 000 USD worth of debt.

That added to the fact that they work 12+ hours per day 5 or 6 days per week.

We make about the same in the uk however we do not work as long hours anymore.

That's the beauty of it for me, I don't have any debt. I also already own a home, have my cars etc so when I do graduate from even medical school, the $50k salary is supplemental income, nothing more. 6 years later at the end of residency will be an enormous jump that's for sure since I only quoted the base salary, not the almost guaranteed bonus each year.

That said, I'd happily stay on the $50-60k, I didn't choose to go down this road for the salary, it's a nice perk but not why I'm doing it. You don't choose to go back to school at 26 for just money, at least I certainly wouldn't. I don't think the US salaries for doctors are that high, I just feel the UK salaries need to come up for the level of work that's involved and the responsibility/commitment required to become a physician. While I did say salary isn't everything, it's a hard sell to convince someone to go to the UK and earn 75k when you can step out of residency here and make $600-$1m without breaking a sweat.

It's a big salary for sure but half the people in the building I live in when I'm in Tampa are sports stars, they make my income look like I work at a burger joint, they're stupendously wealthy.

I have evidence Iceman is a fraud.

He told me last night the interior on his GT-R wasn't bad.

We all know this cannot be true, therefore he clearly drives an ageing Acura.

What on earth do you mean? The GTR is infallible without a single negative point!

Seriously want one :(

So...you're a trauma surgeon...despite still being a student? I've heard of poetic licence but that is ridiculous.

You obviously have shedloads of cash, but your story seems to be ever changing...why?

What would your attending say if he knew you were going around telling people you were a trauma surgeon?

[ui]ICEMAN;20280334 said:
I was initially going to be in trauma

So you weren't actually a trauma surgeon then, bit like you weren't actually accepted onto the Eurofighter squadron and the list price on the GTR wasn't actually a bargain. I have no doubt that you are a clever, rich, benevolent man and a great bloke...but you do have a propensity to exaggerate somewhat ;).

[TW]Fox;20284017 said:
I have evidence Iceman is a fraud.

He told me last night the interior on his GT-R wasn't bad.

We all know this cannot be true, therefore he clearly drives an ageing Acura.

Owned TBQFH! You can't fool the OCUK Police for long ;)

So you weren't actually a trauma surgeon then, bit like you weren't actually accepted onto the Eurofighter squadron and the list price on the GTR wasn't actually a bargain. I have no doubt that you are a clever, rich, benevolent man and a great bloke...but you do have a propensity to exaggerate somewhat ;).

Not at all, you're just so bitter you love to have a dig wherever possible. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about either, as per usual. I really shouldn't even waste my time explaining to someone like you on the internet but anyway, I'll give it a go.

I should probably start with the fact that my integrity is the most important thing to me, period. Anyone that insults it will illicit a similar response because while others may not agree with me, a man is only as good as his word. That means a lot to me and will explain my following response.

I had been torn between trauma and IR for quite a while but was actually doing trauma rotations about a year ago. What my final specialty is makes little to no difference, my training still involves general surgery and trauma due to my two chosen specialties overlapping in their first couple of years. There is no exaggeration, I may not be a totally qualified surgeon YET but the fact that I'm top of my class and having spent almost $250k of my OWN money to train, don't you think I'd be rather moronic to not finish?

Again, the Eurofighter thing, because obviously everything everyone else says must be correct and I clearly must be lying. Even in the other thread people saw what had happened, that i had either been misinformed or was simply being tested for the future. I was accepted as before doing the same things everyone else did except then I was asked to take additional tests, a bunch of silly things actually, for what they told me was going to be for a future fighter program, namely the EF.

I really, really wish you would learn that hiding behind a computer monitor makes you look so childish and pathetic. You openly admitted you don't get embarrassed or feel stupid because "it's the internet". I really don't understand why people feel the need to be someone they're not on the internet, it must be a really sad and unfulfilling life to have to snipe or bully people around behind a glass screen and feel that you're "winning" by attempting to pick holes in things you know nothing about.

I have absolutely no reason to be as open as I am on these forums to questions. Do I really need to share things like salaries with you all? No. I do so because I have nothing to hide and I like to explain to the people who are genuinely curious rather than those, like yourself that are looking for a single thing you have no idea about that sounds wrong so you can pounce on it and make yourself feel better.

Please butt out of my threads, permanently, you're wearing very thin and I know that I'm far from alone in that opinion. Fix whatever it is in your life that makes you so bitter and jaded and maybe you'll actually find joy in what other people share and do rather than act like a selfish, jealous and immature fool.

Back
Top Bottom