• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1060 To Be Announced on 7th July ?

Soldato
Yep, that's an obnoxious marketing graph. I've seen that so much from Nvidia and AMD and I swear that **** should be illegal.

Here is that graph made proper:

SpUb.png

We should give these types of graphs a name, if they haven't already one.

Soldato
Everyone who used to buy the 60 switched to the 70 last gen. Didn't help that the 960 itself was a poor effort. Wonder if this will set things right again.

Associate
I think the overclocking performance of this card will be the key to its success or flop

I think price will play a huge part. The 1070 AIBs are supposed to be £330, so where is this gonna come in? And how much of a gouge will there be on it? If it's just shy of £300 for a decent AIB then you might as well go for a 1070 even at their inflated prices.

At the moment I just want the cheapest card that will give me a decent 1440p experience. The 480 doesn't fit the bill. Hopefully the 1060 will get a bit closer to that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think price will play a huge part. The 1070 AIBs are supposed to be £330, so where is this gonna come in? And how much of a gouge will there be on it? If it's just shy of £300 for a decent AIB then you might as well go for a 1070 even at their inflated prices.

At the moment I just want the cheapest card that will give me a decent 1440p experience. The 480 doesn't fit the bill. Hopefully the 1060 will get a bit closer to that.

Apart from the odd one or two saying they play games at 1440p on a 750ti just fine, I think most people would say for that res a 980ti or 1070 is pretty much the place to start, no?

Esp going forwards.

Caporegime
Nvidia GTX 1060 Cards Already In Reviewers’ Hands – SLI Disabled On The 3GB Version

As we approach the July 7th launch date for Nvidia’s upcoming GTX 1060 we’re seeing more and more information about the card leak. The latest comes from a Polish technology outlet PurePC, who’s editor revealed that GTX 1060 samples have been sent out to reviewers.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1060-review-samples/

Back
Top Bottom