• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***GTX 780 Ti Owners Thread***

Soldato
Less than I thought it would be. As I say, not the most appealing of cards if I'm honest.

It's a bit of a dilema, yes it's aimed at enthusiasts and overclockers, yes it'll be quick. But an £800 investment in a GPU with 3GB VRAM, fast or not at this stage is a bad one. Whether some 780 owners think so or not. I don't want to get into the "it's ok for 1080" debate.

It's a minimum at the moment, and that's only going to become more of an issue come next year.

Soldato
Less than I thought it would be. As I say, not the most appealing of cards if I'm honest.

It's a bit of a dilema, yes it's aimed at enthusiasts and overclockers, yes it'll be quick. But an £800 investment in a GPU with 3GB VRAM, fast or not at this stage is a bad one. Whether some 780 owners think so or not. I don't want to get into the "it's ok for 1080" debate.

It's a minimum at the moment, and that's only going to become more of an issue come next year.

LOL "it's ok for 1080"

Associate
Cmon OCUK, put some of these badboys in the Jan sale. i think 499.99 is the sweet spot :p

It is indeed :) It is hard to find a good electronics retailer over here in Switzerland (Interdiscount is the Curry's / Comet / Dixons equivalent you find everywhere and they suck). I thought everything over here was more expensive than the UK but I just walked into a nice electronics shop (cannot name) for a SATA-USB adaptor (for data migration to my new Samsung 840 Evo) and I walked out with an Asus 780GTX Ti :D for the equivalent of £499! Very happy as I missed the £550 sale price on OCUK in the run up to Christmas.

Anyway, I got the 3 free games with it. Mine is the stock Titan style cooler which was ideal for me as I need to exhaust the heat in my HTPC case (My PC is called "The Caged Beast").

What settings for a reasonable overclock without too much heat or noise should I be aiming for? Or should I just leave it at stock? And should I use the Asus software that comes bundled, or MSI Afterburner (which I have used in the past)?

Very excited so sorry for rambling a bit, look forward to any replies. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Use evga precision buddy. Don't adjust voltage at the moment. Just put those two figures into the Mhz offsets :). Run a few tests, Heaven 4.0 etc and check stablity and for any artifacting. Then go up in increments till you hit a wall then adjust voltage offset. Max you can apply is 1.212v

Last edited:
Associate
Also, do I need 2 different cables from the psu for the 6 and 8 pin connectors? I have one cable with both the 8 and 6 labelled as PCIe on my Coolermaster 1000w modular PSU. I think I have a second the same if needed but I prefer less cables if possible.

Back
Top Bottom