• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***GTX 780 Ti Owners Thread***

Soldato
same ;) i don't think its worth it, i am pretty upset with evga at the moment myself so i will no longer get there products, sorry dominik but i feel like i have been treated unfair by the company on a whole, especially after ever owning evga products for a very long time.

Hi guys what had happened that your not happy with evga? I've just returned my evga 780ti sc Acx version back to the Bolton place and will use a 780 classified until the 780ti classified comes out or I might even go down the 290x custom coolers cards when they are released in the UK

Soldato
I still have 3 reference cooled SC 780Ti cards, and fairly happy with them. For me it's more out of princible as the Classified has always been the flagship card from EVGA offering the highest possible overclocking. Then a short while later they sneakily announce a higher priced 'limited edition' card before the Classifieds have even landed in the UK.

The whole point of the Classified is to overclock them and push them as far as possible. What's the point when there is a much more expensive card on the horizon that can best it due to having a beefier VRM and most likely being higher binned.

Sod em'. Basically. They're taking advantage of the chips overclocking capability by introducing a higher tier product.

Soldato
I still have 3 reference cooled SC 780Ti cards, and fairly happy with them. For me it's more out of princible as the Classified has always been the flagship card from EVGA offering the highest possible overclocking. Then a short while later they sneakily announce a higher priced 'limited edition' card before the Classifieds have even landed in the UK.

The whole point of the Classified is to overclock them and push them as far as possible. What's the point when there is a much more expensive card on the horizon that can best it due to having a beefier VRM and most likely being higher binned.

Sod em'. Basically. They're taking advantage of the chips overclocking capability by introducing a higher tier product.
Are you referring to the kingpin edition if so it is a
Fair point as I had not actually thought about it, It's a shame really As I've been using evga for a few years now :(

Associate
Well , let me put it this way, i've had the 789 lightning, and a 290x, both of which i found sub par and was never happy with, i got my Gigabyte 780Ti 2 days ago and have been 110% happy with it from the word go, it wipes the floor with the 780 Ligtning performance wise and while it may not be miles ahead of the 290x its a MUCH better overall package and well worth the extra £100.

The last card i was truly 100% happy with was my 7950 windforce 3, why ? because it worked out of the box, it was quiet and fast and never gave me an issue. I dont care if its an Nvidia or Amd card, if i'm spending to get this level of highend hardware its got to be right, and Nvidia got it right , Amd got it wrong.

Sorry only just saw your reply :). Guess its the Ti then. What type of OC do you guys out of the Gigabyte vs MSI 780ti? Any advice is greatly appreciated! :cool:

Soldato
I've yet to see a Superclock or EVGA Ti do those speeds on stock volts. I think EVGA really have given a lot of people short straws due to the extra quantities needed for this Kingpin edition crap. Will be interested to see if it transpires there is an issue with my build causing it when I use the Super Flower, but I doubt it.

I can manage 1230Mhz @ 1.212v. Another card can't muster 1215. That's still a decent overclock, but quite a contrast compared to 1250 at stock volts.

I salute my middle finger to EVGA. Been awhile since I've used their GPUs but I certainly won't be buying one again. Hope Kingpin is happy with his little venture, mind.

Last edited:
Soldato
Appologies for the miniature rant, but when you're buying 3 of the cards you expect at least one to be a decent clocker! Hopefully with the VRM temps down and temps overall I should see better clocks on water.

Soldato
Swapping to a custom loop and just waiting for parts to arrive. Looking forward to seeing what the 780Ti will do under water.

Managed around 1250 on stock volts but could not push further. Be interesting to see if that's a temp instability or a voltage one.

Back
Top Bottom