• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 780 Ti Specifications Leaked – Full Blown Gk110 Core with 2880 SP

Soldato
Yeah mine is modded like crazy but the 7990 i had was great for it. Sent it back due to coil whine driving me crazy though lol.

Permabanned
Because memory prices are stupid right now and hardly no game uses above 2GB let alone 3GB, even at silly high resolutions. 3GB-4GB is the sweet spot for sure on memory, 6GB is simply not required.

Then withhold it until memory prices cool or buy in bulk for preperation. Having only 3GB on a card worth near £500 is a complete joke. Even if no game uses over 3GB now that is only due to the fact they are all old generation.

PS4 is next month mate, DX 11.2 tiled resources is also coming and will push textures sizes up. As will higher base quality textures from new consoles and higher resolution displays like 4K coming down. Who in thier right mind would even consider 3GB enough for a card meant to last two or three years? Frankly Nvidia have once again shot themselves in the foot and are acting like complete idiots. So much for a new 290X killer at this rate 4GB 770 SLI will spank the 780TI and probably be the same price if not a few quid cheaper.

I am mad.

Last edited:
Soldato
3GB on a ~£500 card does seem rather measily, especially when AMD will be putting 4GB on their ~£330 290. NVidia are caught in no-mans land due to the 384bit bus. 6GB being overkill, 3GB being okay for now but getting to close bottlenecking levels at high-res.

Soldato
Then withhold it until memory prices cool or buy in bulk for preperation. Having only 3GB on a card worth near £500 is a complete joke. Even if no game uses over 3GB now that is only due to the fact they are all old generation.

PS4 is next month mate, DX 11.2 tiled resources is also coming and will push textures sizes up. As will higher base quality textures from new consoles and higher resolution displays like 4K coming down. Who in thier right mind would even consider 3GB enough for a card meant to last two or three years? Frankly Nvidia have once again shot themselves in the foot and are acting like complete idiots. So much for a new 290X killer at this rate 4GB 770 SLI will spank the 780TI and probably be the same price if not a few quid cheaper.

I am mad.

The 780 GTX has 3gb and was £500. Can you give me a reason as to why it's a joke or are you familiar with manufacturing costs for a fully fledged gk110? 1600p and up you might struggle in the occasional game but most games will not exceed 2.5gb. If the performance is there the VRAM really isn't a problem unless you're set on 4k.

Really not sure how this will translate into performance so will have to see if this is really worth while or not. But the VRAM is a non issue.

Back
Top Bottom