• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Caporegime
Ignore those supposed leaks or take them with a big pinch of salt. The 970 scores 1 point less than the 980 on that test (firestrike), which even for an overclocked card is a big stretch.

Associate
would somebody looking to upgrade their GPU soon be wise to wait a little bit to see what Nvidia announce ? will a new card bring prices down for all the other cards ?

Graphic card releases hurt my brain :( coming from a 5850 and was looking at getting a 280x now i dont know what to do !

Caporegime
Yeah i'm going to call BS and wait for proper reviews, hopefully these cards are decent, if they are i'll take two:D

You have to work on the assumption that all reviews and early leaks add a little something. It has been the way since I have been into computers. I see reviews of GPUs that are released not matching what I get or other people all the time. That's just the way it is sadly.

Associate
so the 980 is a little faster than a 780ti, ok, its kepler vs maxwell, but for that 980 to beat the 780ti on its possibly mid ranged card is really quite impressive on this node

Agreed. Would be excellent to see what the Titan II and 980ti would bring to the table.

Soldato
Is power consumption really a big deal for people? I can't say I ever really pay attention to it.

I'm a bit disappointed with the leaks but hopefully they aren't true.

Caporegime
The 970 is looking a bit tasty and if the benches are close to correct and the price is as well, that could be the go for card.

One thing that has impressed me with Nvidia since the 600 series, is the amount of performance they can squeeze out of a 256 bit bus along with lower power consumption. Hmmm...the 970 is looking tempting. :D

Last edited:
Associate
The 970 is looking a bit tasty and if the benches are close to correct and the price is as well, that could be the go for card.

If these numbers are true, it sort of seems like a card that makes people feel like they've saved however much less than a 980, only to forget how expensive the card is in the first place. A bit like the 290.

Back
Top Bottom