• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Associate
Would like to see AMD come up with something strong - ultimately this only pushes nvidia on pricing which would be great since GPUs having been 'car' money for a little while now..

Smuggling them into the house and keeping them off the books is bloody hard enough..

Associate
970 might be "stubby" again, so non-ref would be better there (EVGA FTW again?).

980 ref will be fine, shame about having to ditch the cooler though

It's quite possible EVGA will use the 980 PCB for the 970 yes - it'd probably be a more stable card as a result for overlocking.

I could still go 2x970 if the 980 is extremely close to it - after all the 680 wasn't worth having over the 670.

Associate
Oh well done you :)

I think i'd be fine if they're priced around 400 or so - I just don't want her to hear the THOUSAND word :eek:

Yeah, I've already pretty much decided I'm going for the 970, unless it turns out to not be that amazing and OCUK put a mega deal on 290 or 780ti stock...

Getting an i7 and z97 board to go with it. Upgrade from AMD FM2 platform lolz

:D

Associate
Yeah, I've already pretty much decided I'm going for the 970, unless it turns out to not be that amazing and OCUK put a mega deal on 290 or 780ti stock...

Getting an i7 and z97 board to go with it. Upgrade from AMD FM2 platform lolz

:D

The benches, if they're real, put the cards far closer than the hardware would suggest.. We'll see. Definitely worth getting the new board/cpu but the i7 might be overkill depending on what your target res etc is.
Frankly I got an i7 because I could, not because it made a real difference. I won't do anthing with my PC apart from graphics this year as my bottleneck is purely GPU.

Back
Top Bottom