• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Associate
How long before it appears in my order history? Got a paypal paid email but no confirmation from ocuk and not showing in store page :p

I ordered a ROG Swift last night and a 980 just there using PayPal. Have got the emails from PayPal but nothing in my OCUK order history or OCUK emails. I'm going to give them a call in a bit but it's such a relief knowing I'm not the only one phewww.

Associate
How long before it appears in my order history? Got a paypal paid email but no confirmation from ocuk and not showing in store page :p

Yeah, same. Got a paypal confirmation. But still in my basket and nothing in my outstanding orders.

Yeah, i'm in the same boat. After the SQL error with the Amazon payment option i'm hoping the Paypal transaction hasn't been fudged up!

Caporegime
These cards look good, but it's very clear we've stagnated in pure performance given we've been on 28nm almost 3 years.

Looks like the die shrink for Nvidia will be really good.
But in the mean time. I'm so very meh about it all.

Soldato
So the 970 is significantly cheaper than the 780, faster and cooler. Hopefully this should tank the prices of 780's and I can go SLI :) (even if retailers sell out of 780's it should tank the used value too).

Galax an ok model to go with ?

Somebody said they are an amalgamation of their Galaxy and KFA2 brands, instead of selling the same cards with different names each side of the pond they're just using one now.

Soldato
I'm so very meh about it all.

Going by all the reviews I feel the same, Even some reviewers have said if you have a 780 Ti there's no point in "upgrading", Would be a sort of side grade for the extra GB of memory and less wattage used.

Honestly one of the most underwhelming GPU launches to date, That I've seen anyway.

Back
Top Bottom