• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Soldato
Am i right assuming i could run 2 of these on a much lower rated psu than i would have needed to run 2x780GTX? Or i could add a 970 to my 780....got a 650w psu.

Associate
Anyone recon the Titan cooler would fit a 980? I have 2 Titan coolers in the closet, was wondering if they would fit - they would probably offer vastly improved thermals.

Even if the whole cooler doesn't fit, you could try swapping over just the cooling chamber part. Let us know how you get on :)

Soldato
What EK will release...based on previous and current partnerships

970/980...

Reference FC blocks, both long and short pcb (for 970)
970 & 980 striix blocks as this replaces the dcu2 series
980 hydrocopper
980 classified hydrocopper
980 phantom/jetstream

And obviously any 970's that also use any of those 980 custom pcb's.

EK have partnerships with Asus, EVGA, MSI & PALIT (gainward). The only thing we won't see is lightning blocks as it doesn't look like its going to happen :)

Soldato
Gibbo said Titan cooler not 970/980 cooler so could be a stonking card dependant on price

When is this due in stock? Very interested if it comes in at the right price.

Don't forget, this won't be the full fat Titan cooler.

It's been emasculated and had bits chopped off.

Not to say it's a bad cooler by any means, just not as effective as it could have been, and doubtless cheaper to produce.

Caporegime
Don't forget, this won't be the full fat Titan cooler.

It's been emasculated and had bits chopped off.

Not to say it's a bad cooler by any means, just not as effective as it could have been, and doubtless cheaper to produce.

Gibbo has said it is the titan cooler though, not the 970/980 cooler
Yes our OcUK 970 is a specific Titan cooler version.

Associate
Using MSI Afterburner to o/c and when i overvolt to +20 (on the slider) i hit OV Max limit (1). If i take it down to +18 it drops down to 0 where it should be. Is there a problem running this close to the limit? I think its about 1.25v.

Caporegime
690 is a dual GPU, it will destroy a 980.

It certainly doesn't. An overclocked 980 would easily give a 690 a run for it's money. In fact the highest 980 scores in Firestrike already beats the highest 690 scores.... So you are wrong. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom