• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

If it comes in at £250 it'll sell by the boatload, lots of SLi users and mATX/mITX users awaiting them :cool:

Even though \I'm sad that Nvidia removed the vapour chamber from them, making it (according to what I've read online) more noisy at higher fan speeds, if it came in at that price, I could be tempted.

I was looking at the Galax OC, but according to a review the MSI 970 has better phases (6+2), better warranty, pretty much silent (not sure about the Galax noise levels, though I'm sure it will be good), and arguably better looking (don't like blue PCB's).

Just lacking a back plate.

Quick question, can a single 980 drive triple monitors?

The new flagship card again supports up to four screens concurrently,
but the display controllers have been upgraded, as it's now possible to run four 4K MST displays, the previous limit being two.
Further, 5K resolutions are now supported – the maximum supported resolution is 5,120 x 3,200 at 60Hz. DisplayPort is still version 1.2,
but HDMI has been upgraded to 2.0. GM204 is the world's first GPU with support for this standard,
which has enough bandwidth to run 4K displays at 60Hz.

source

Anyone recon the Titan cooler would fit a 980? I have 2 Titan coolers in the closet, was wondering if they would fit - they would probably offer vastly improved thermals.

Back
Top Bottom