• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX680 Low FPS?

Soldato
Return 1 of your GTX680's and buy these:

Mobo:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-493-AS

CPU:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-360-IN

RAM:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-299-CS

Total: £240

Gives you £200 spare left when you subtract it for a refund of the 680.

I thought PCIxE 3 wasnt supported fully untill Ivy bridge? Thats a tasty cheap deal there, im looking to upgrade but was waiting for Ivy Bridge.

Associate
This guy is so clearly having you all on....

I have a 48k ZX Spectrum so if I bolt 2x 680's will I be able to play BF3 on ultra on my 14" portable TV. :D

LOL, I think sometimes the people on this forum forget that a lot of people out in the real world know nothing about PC's. His PC was probably bought for about 3 grand at the purple shirt place by looking at the specs of his machine. I wonder what graphic(s) card(s) he originaly had in it as it has a 1200W PSU.

Welcome to the OcUK forums robotdinosaur :D

Soldato
Given the amount we can guess he knows about PCs from his opening post, getting him to overclock would be advice I would not give.

If memory serves, he could get a pre-OCed Krypton package from this parish for about the cost of one GTX680. He may not be able to follow complex overclocking instructions, but "Don't fanny about with it" is something most people can accomplish.

Associate
OP
Thank you for all the replies I didn't expect so many when I came back on. Some great advice that is appreciated!

I have removed 1 card from my system and thought I'd have a go at overclocking my cpu like Sin Chase recommended. My first time really modifying anything like this so I asked a friend to help with it.

We followed a guide on the internet and changed the voltage in the bios. I wanted it to be as quick as possible so we tried changing it from 1.2v to 2.0v but then when it restarted nothing happened. Then we noticed a small amount of smoke coming out by the cpu and it turns out you can't really go that high!

So now I need a new cpu anyway so I'm going to sell 1 graphics card and do what you kind people have advised with new motherboard, cpu and RAM. Most likely go with recommended intel i5!

Associate
Thank you for all the replies I didn't expect so many when I came back on. Some great advice that is appreciated!

I have removed 1 card from my system and thought I'd have a go at overclocking my cpu like Sin Chase recommended. My first time really modifying anything like this so I asked a friend to help with it.

We followed a guide on the internet and changed the voltage in the bios. I wanted it to be as quick as possible so we tried changing it from 1.2v to 2.0v but then when it restarted nothing happened. Then we noticed a small amount of smoke coming out by the cpu and it turns out you can't really go that high!

So now I need a new cpu anyway so I'm going to sell 1 graphics card and do what you kind people have advised with new motherboard, cpu and RAM. Most likely go with recommended intel i5!

2/10

Back
Top Bottom