Guess & Test - A New Exciting Motherboard From MSI

Associate
I reckon its an MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk Wifi

part of the MAG line because of the heat sink/spreader design and a B550 because of no active cooling and the known June release schedule, wifi because of the height of the rear I/O and it being present on the MAG X570

Associate
OP
There's a LOT of really good reasoning going on in the thread so far.

There's definitely a strong split forming in opinion too, I wonder who is right....

I guess we'll all find out later today but I have the sense that we already might have some winning entries in this thread... ;)

Associate
MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk would be my guess as well, it's the closest match in terms of appearance I can find :)

Edit: would be interested in this for an AMD build, been staunch Team Blue for most of my PC building life!

Last edited:
Associate
Personally, I am going for the MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk. It's a tricky one as I didn't think the B550 Tomahawk was launching relatively soon, but I don't think the pic matches what we've seen of the X570 Tomahawk.

Anyway, who knows. We'll find out soon enough. :D Good luck all!

Permabanned
I guess we'll all find out later today but I have the sense that we already might have some winning entries in this thread... ;)

That's a good start. We know it's been mentioned now so someone's going to have a nice outcome in here. Gosh that feeling when you get excited lol oof

The thread seems to have attracted first time posters...

Are we allowed to change our answers?

Associate
So here we go you have stated its an AMD board so its either an X570 or a B550.
Lack of cooling on ther south bridge would push it towards B550.
It also appears to be a MAG related board.
The totem design on the IO area and the south bridge would push it towards a Tomahawk deisgn.

What bothers me however is the i/o shield area and the south bridge are not in proportion with the board blacked out below it (I think its a rather dodgy photoshop of possibly 2 motherboards. The i/o shield area looks to be from the x570 Tomahawk south bridge is possibly from the new board).

So taking the clues all together I think it's a MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk.

Permabanned
No takesie backsies! Where would be the fun in that? ;)

You will need to contact a mod to see who edited what posts then as there is a lot of edited posts in this thread lol :D

@pandem0nium I hope your second guess isn't right lol :p oof

OcUK would certainly be advertising the new B550 if it was a winner as an early pre-order. I might be wrong though and the site might change as soon as this board is announced.

meh, after thinking about it - could well be the B550 since there's no photo of this board anywhere! Too late now. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah looks like the B550 Tomahawk, lack of chipset fan leads me to B550 over X570. The stripes in the corner had me thinking Mortar for some reason for a little while, but I don't think it makes sense.

EDIT: Scratch that, I think I'm gonna go with my gut and say its a B550 Mortar

EDIT2: Nope, I'm gonna go B550 Tomahawk, the Mortar looks too small in that bottom right corner. This guessing game has been on my mind for the last few hours :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom