Guide for HTPC

Soldato
When ripping your Blu-Ray movies what is the typical size of the output?
I have just ripped Bee Movie and the file is 46GB :( Now trying 300 as an ISO image but guessing it is going to be somewhere high?
I thought only the big movies such as Dark Knight etc would be up to 40GB?

Soldato
Most will be single-layer BD discs so will be limited to 25GB but some are 50GB dual-layers.

Generally they'll use as much space as the can or need to - if you want it smaller you'll have to re-encode at a lower bitrate.

Soldato
didn't want to create a thread about this and its htpc related i suppose so here goes,

my kids watch their films on the tv (secondary display) that are played from my pc using MPC with FFDshow, while they are watching their films i want to be able to play games.

when i try and run a game i the tv will go black and no picture is displayed, i figured it out once before but have forgotton now. what settings are needed so i can game and have a film on the tv at the same time?

in my nvidia settings go > display > setup multiple displays > check dualview.

job done

i have an ati card :p

Soldato
Hey Oxy,

any update on that guide you said you would be working on?

eagerly waiting for it so i can set my htpc up too.

oh ok. ill start it today! I didn't thikn anyone else was interested apart from me and photoshop :p

It will be online by tommorrow.

It was the guide on how to get the remote working with mediaportal, kmplayer and mediaplayer classic?

Soldato
Having a bit of trouble withing MP.
Ripped movies as .iso file set in their own movie folder. 'My Movies' then points towards this directory and all the folders have their own movie posters/fanart on the cover. Now on my old computer I just clicked on the folder and it would automount the .iso within that folder then automatically play. However, now when I click on the movie poster it just enters that folder and shows the .iso (which then does work)

What have I missed ??? Can't work it out :(

Soldato
Having a bit of trouble withing MP.
Ripped movies as .iso file set in their own movie folder. 'My Movies' then points towards this directory and all the folders have their own movie posters/fanart on the cover. Now on my old computer I just clicked on the folder and it would automount the .iso within that folder then automatically play. However, now when I click on the movie poster it just enters that folder and shows the .iso (which then does work)

What have I missed ??? Can't work it out :(

u set up deamon tools?

Daemon Tools support
Next we need to use a utility called Daemon Tools in order to playback image files such as .iso:
14) Install the latest Daemon tools from their website

15) During Install Unitck any reference to installing 3rd party/sponsor software and read wizard carefully

16) Once installed right click the demon tools icon in the taskbar and Goto:

17) Options and turn off AutoStart and Secure Mode
Next, we need to set MediaPortal to use to use Daemon Tools. So that once you click the movie in MediaPortal it will automatically mount the image and play directly in KMPlayer:
18) Enter MediaPortal Setup from the icon on the desk and Goto:
19) General--->Daemon Tools
20) Tick "AutoMount .iso files"
21) Enter in the path for Daemon Tools
22) Enter in the Virtual Drive letter (you can find this by right clicking Daemon tools icon)
23) Enter the Drive number (you can find this by right clicking Daemon tools icon)
Finally, when you put in a DVD or mount an .iso you dont want Windows autostart to appear:
28) Open Windows Control Panel
29) Go into AutoPlay
30) Untick "Use AutoPlay for all media and devices

Soldato
Hi,
Yeah got that lot all set up and once I click the .iso image it works and runs fine.
However I don't want to have to go into the folder where the .iso is located i,e Cars/cars.iso
I should just be able to click/enter on the cars folder and it auto loads the .iso file within.
I'm missing something but can't figure it out?

Soldato
Hi,
Yeah got that lot all set up and once I click the .iso image it works and runs fine.
However I don't want to have to go into the folder where the .iso is located i,e Cars/cars.iso
I should just be able to click/enter on the cars folder and it auto loads the .iso file within.
I'm missing something but can't figure it out?

well i dont actually have iso DVD rips yet anyway. Why do u have to have them in a folder anyway?

Soldato
Not sure, but just tried without a folder and does not work (when displaying movie images)
They have to be in their own folder (might be another way around it?)
I have it working on my laptop just fine, but can't seem to find the problem on my HTPC why it won't automount what is in the folder i.e. the .iso

Soldato
Not sure, but just tried without a folder and does not work (when displaying movie images)
They have to be in their own folder (might be another way around it?)
I have it working on my laptop just fine, but can't seem to find the problem on my HTPC why it won't automount what is in the folder i.e. the .iso

Would moving pictures plugin support it?

Soldato
Yeah I should think so. The trouble is I know it works as it has been working on my laptop just fine, but now uninstalled everything and moved it to my HTPC - now it won't work how I want :( I can have the .iso without folders but then need to figure a way of having MP not display the .iso tag (i have added it to the file extension area also)

Dam it lol

sid

sid

Soldato
Has anyone been playing with Windows 7 media centre?

So far so good, improvement all around except, its added a random folder to monitor which I can't get rid. I have literally tried everything in MCE and WMP but nothing gets rid of it.

Weird but I can live with it
sid

Soldato
Has anyone been playing with Windows 7 media centre?

So far so good, improvement all around except, its added a random folder to monitor which I can't get rid. I have literally tried everything in MCE and WMP but nothing gets rid of it.

Weird but I can live with it
sid

nah I haven't tried Win7. Tbh mediaportal is so good IMO, I don't think I will bother trying it. Loving Moving pictures and TvSeries plugin to much.

Back
Top Bottom