Guide for HTPC

Soldato
i'll have to give this a try.
How do i go about mapping the buttons?

its simple really. you press the button on the remote & the action comes up on the left panel on event ghost, then you drag it over the correct action for the desired program.

I can maybe do some screen shots for tommorrow evening if you get stuck. Seeing as you helped all of us :)

EDIT: got a work around for the black screen when kmplayer exits. The mce remotes PC button is mapped to exit kmplayer and mediaportal. So its two presses of PC power button on mce remote and it exists kmplayer and mediaportal.

Its abit of a dirty one but at least it works... worth all this faffing for mving pictures and my tv series plugin.

Hang in there photoshop. :) You cant wipe MP now after spending all those hours reading & configing :p

Last edited:
Soldato
i haven't tried yet. I am going to have a look at setting it all up tomorrow.
Shouldnt it work by default or does that need setting up aswell before kmplayer and MP need setting up?

in event ghost add the mce: remote plugin & the media portal plugin. when it asks do you want to add actions to the configurations click yes/ok.

Secondly, download the message plguin for media portal and install it, that then enables eventghost to work with mediaportal.

Thirdly, make sure the Mce remote support is switched OFF in mediaportal.

That will get the MCE remote working inside mediaportal when using eventghost.

Forthly, Install the kmplayer & leave the winamp plugin running, the winamp plugin sort of works with kmplayer, thus saving on some key mapping.

Fifthly, map the remote presses to the kmplayer plugin. I think you only need ones like DVD menu, skip & fast forward. all you do is drag the starred remote action from the left panel next to the designed program action on the right panel. Dead simple :)

EDIT: PHOTOSHOP - if I get all this working, would it be easier if I sent you the xml file, that way u dont have to worry about mapping it yourself. I'll do it all. Just tell me what buttons you need to work on the remote for kmplayer!!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
in event ghost add the mce: remote plugin & the media portal plugin. when it asks do you want to add actions to the configurations click yes/ok. Got a link for these Plugins?

Secondly, download the message plguin for media portal and install it, that then enables eventghost to work with mediaportal. Got a link for message plugin?

Thirdly, make sure the Mce remote support is switched OFF in mediaportal.

That will get the MCE remote working inside mediaportal when using eventghost.

Forthly, Install the kmplayer & leave the winamp plugin running, the winamp plugin sort of works with kmplayer, thus saving on some key mapping. What do you mean Keep the Winamp Plugin running?

Fifthly, map the remote presses to the kmplayer plugin. I think you only need ones like DVD menu, skip & fast forward. all you do is drag the starred remote action from the left panel next to the designed program action on the right panel. Dead simple :)

EDIT: PHOTOSHOP - if I get all this working, would it be easier if I sent you the xml file, that way u dont have to worry about mapping it yourself. I'll do it all. Just tell me what buttons you need to work on the remote for kmplayer!! Play, Pause, Stop, FWD, REW, and Skip to exit KMplayer

See above.

Soldato
OP
OK, think I have this nailed now! I'm thinking I can even do a media player classic one now I know what I'm doing!!

Ahh thats great news!!! Sure will help me and a lot of other folk out here. Great work man!!!!

Maybe you can do a step by step tutorial and add links to where the applications and plugins can be downloaded from.

Soldato
Ahh thats great news!!! Sure will help me and a lot of other folk out here. Great work man!!!!

Maybe you can do a step by step tutorial and add links to where the applications and plugins can be downloaded from.

yeh, ill gladly do it and post my guide around ocuk, avforums, missingremote, project htpc, avsforums :) I need some internet loving.

KMplayer commands are nailed.

Now gonna start work on media player classic.

LINK TO MESSAGE PLUGIN NEEDED FOR MEDIAPORTAL >> http://www.team-mediaportal.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,35/func,fileinfo/id,238/

Can you do this bit, so I know u atleast have nce remote working with event ghost and mediaportal before we start toying with kmplayer and media player classic.???

Code:
get the latest eventghost http://www.eventghost.org/downloads/

enable mce plugin, mediaportal - mediaportal needs messages plugin installed in mediaportal to work.

Remember to turn off mce remote support inside mediaportal. eventghost handles this now.

Soldato
OP
yeh, ill gladly do it and post my guide around ocuk, avforums, missingremote, project htpc, avsforums :) I need some internet loving.

KMplayer commands are nailed.

Now gonna start work on media player classic.

LINK TO MESSAGE PLUGIN NEEDED FOR MEDIAPORTAL >> http://www.team-mediaportal.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,35/func,fileinfo/id,238/

Can you do this bit, so I know u atleast have nce remote working with event ghost and mediaportal before we start toying with kmplayer and media player classic.???

Code:
get the latest eventghost http://www.eventghost.org/downloads/

enable mce plugin, mediaportal - mediaportal needs messages plugin installed in mediaportal to work.

Remember to turn off mce remote support inside mediaportal. eventghost handles this now.

Im still at work mate and will not be home for a few hours yet. I'll do it later on tonight :)

Soldato
well kmplayer owns tbh.

got aspect ratio switch button mapped, all the normal ones like play stop pause etc. dvd menu all mapped yay.

I think I have media player classic all mapped too, unfortunatley it crashes when trying to launch a dvd. any ideas?

Soldato
Are you using EVR? This fixed that for me. Now pans are silky-smooth.
You mean EVR as in the Enhanced Video Renderer? Not sure what I'm using tbh - I know VMC uses EVR for it's own MPEG2 TV playback but I'm using ffdshow and Haali to support MKV playback within VMC - under the hood it's just WMP11 but I don't know what rendered it's using.

AFAIK, it's not actually possibly to get perfectly smooth playback of a 24fps source at 60Hz as the two just don't divide into each other but I'm willing to be proven wrong - how have you got your system set up?

Soldato
ok, so kmplayer works excellently inside mediaportal now with the MCE remote.

But just noticed some of the mce remote buttons need mapping for mediaportal. I'm gonna do that tonight/ finish it tommorrow. Then I can right my guide & send photoshop & anyone else my xml file for eventghost!

We did it boys after hours upon hours of reading :p

Soldato
OP
the mediaportal and MCE remote plugin :)

you have to download the kmplugin from the link a posted a page or two back

ahh you mean the kmplugin?
I thought the MP and MCE remote plugin were 2 different ones

It may worth while if we could have some global settings for KMP and WMP Classic and WMPC Home Cinema when using MCE Remote. This will keep things nice and easy and allow most users to have the basic functions. The rest can be mapped later.

I've included a pic. If these buttons could work with the above mentioned players within MPortal then it will simplify things a lot.

The "direction", "back", "OK" and "Info" keys can remain the same so that these can be used to navigate within mediaportal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom