***Guide To Redeeming Digital Movies***

Associate
Spurred on by the Mega Movie week thread, I am trying to get my head around this! I have loads of ultraviolet codes from blur rays we own too, do I need an iTunes US account? Can I just get the movies anywhere account and sync to my UK iTunes account?

Thanks ~ Si

Edit --- Now have US iTunes, VUDU and Moviesanywhere all linked

Last edited:
Associate
Needing some reassurance. So I left the whole 'uv code' game a while ago. Started downloading more and ended up getting my own server that's rammed with TV shows and movies. But I've come to realise the importance of updating my uv library, if my server goes down, I'll still have access to most things.

But coming back, I've put the fear into myself that one day my US iTunes account might block my access unless I use a VPN. Which I can't be bothered doing, so I'd end up losing access to my media.

So do you think they would ever stop access? Alternatively, my Google's play account connected to MA is my UK one and I can't see them ever shutting that down. It's just a shame they have such limited quantity of 4k movies. So it's option A, keep using US iTunes and hope they never stop access. Or B, use Google play, plenty movies but lack of 4k.

Should point out as well that I have more movies on my GP account as all my non MA flixster codes went over

Soldato
I've managed to get myself a US itunes account linked via moviesanywhere as I enjoy accessing my films through youtube.

anyway, flipping between my UK and US itunes accounts on my apple TV is a doddle, but how do I access my films on my ipad?

Soldato
OP
I've managed to get myself a US itunes account linked via moviesanywhere as I enjoy accessing my films through youtube.

anyway, flipping between my UK and US itunes accounts on my apple TV is a doddle, but how do I access my films on my ipad?
You’ll have to swap accounts, go to settings>your name>Apple ID and sign in to whichever one has your films. :)

Associate

Funny you should say about watching movies on YouTube. Lately I was testing them out and I found they were stuck at the lowest quality, so I started loading movies into itunes. A little play the now and I can see they do move up to hd. Shows how little patience I have haha. Probably shouldn't of been rebuying movies that I had on GP into itunes, but at least they were all the 4k versions. My biggest problem with YouTube is how disorganised your purchases are.

I have noticed since coming back that MA has blocked redeeming codes via proxy and VPN. The way i was doing it was to just turn the VPN off just before you redeem and it would go through fine, then turn it back on (although turning it back on probably isn't necessary). Is their a better way I should be doing it?

Soldato
OP
Funny you should say about watching movies on YouTube. Lately I was testing them out and I found they were stuck at the lowest quality, so I started loading movies into itunes. A little play the now and I can see they do move up to hd. Shows how little patience I have haha. Probably shouldn't of been rebuying movies that I had on GP into itunes, but at least they were all the 4k versions. My biggest problem with YouTube is how disorganised your purchases are.

I have noticed since coming back that MA has blocked redeeming codes via proxy and VPN. The way i was doing it was to just turn the VPN off just before you redeem and it would go through fine, then turn it back on (although turning it back on probably isn't necessary). Is their a better way I should be doing it?

Why are you using a VPN to access Movies Anywhere? It’s not blocked in the UK.

I’ve never used a VPN to redeem a code and don’t use one to access the website.

Must have redeemed 100+ MA codes and never once had an issue just logging straight into the website and redeeming.

Soldato

Use Google play movies and TV instead of YouTube (if it's an option)

Associate
Why are you using a VPN to access Movies Anywhere? It’s not blocked in the UK.

I’ve never used a VPN to redeem a code and don’t use one to access the website.

Must have redeemed 100+ MA codes and never once had an issue just logging straight into the website and redeeming.

Hah, no way, i've always used a vpn to redeem. just assumed since i needed one to register id always need to redeem to. Much easier then! haha.

Use Google play movies and TV instead of YouTube (if it's an option)

That's been an ongoing topic lately. I've been bouncing back and forth from ATV and an nvidia shield(2017) trying to decide whats best with apps ect. It's gotta be ATV for a best device. I should really just sell both and put that money into a samsung tv as they get both ATV+ and GP plus the other apps.

Soldato
Hah, no way, i've always used a vpn to redeem. just assumed since i needed one to register id always need to redeem to. Much easier then! haha.

That's been an ongoing topic lately. I've been bouncing back and forth from ATV and an nvidia shield(2017) trying to decide whats best with apps ect. It's gotta be ATV for a best device. I should really just sell both and put that money into a samsung tv as they get both ATV+ and GP plus the other apps.

Don't do it, Atv app does not provide the extras menu and as such you then don't get special editions.

Soldato
I’m up to 145 I think, haven’t bothered buying moves that much really.

On another note have you added a Google account to ma? If the account is a friends and family account all the users on the list also get the movies to keep in their Google accounts, I wonder if one of those accounts also had a friends and family account would the movie then spread to whomever is on their list too..

Back
Top Bottom