***Guide To Redeeming Digital Movies***

Soldato
I got logged out of Vudu a little while back and with the help of a temporary VPN logged back in but now I'm back on my UK ip I can see my library but when I click on a movie the screen is blank, it's also the same for all other pages. Anyone else have the same issue or know a work around? Just hoping to get it back up and running for the marvel DV content, I still have MA HDR but just prefer DV.

Soldato
I got logged out of Vudu a little while back and with the help of a temporary VPN logged back in but now I'm back on my UK ip I can see my library but when I click on a movie the screen is blank, it's also the same for all other pages. Anyone else have the same issue or know a work around? Just hoping to get it back up and running for the marvel DV content, I still have MA HDR but just prefer DV.

You need SmartDNS Proxy or a similar service to be able to use VUDU outside of the US.

Soldato
OP
Is this method in the OP still working?

Seeing as I just got an AppleTV figured I should start using the 4K content
Yeah still works as long as you can get a working DNS/VPN connection when setting up Movies Anywhere. :)

Unfortunately they decided to close the Google+ page down and it has now switched over to Facebook. :)

Soldato
Am I being dim? is it best to redeem movies via VUDU and MA rather than through iTunes? I'm sure I've read something about itunes locking your machine to a certain region for 90 days, is that right?

Soldato
OP
Am I being dim? is it best to redeem movies via VUDU and MA rather than through iTunes? I'm sure I've read something about itunes locking your machine to a certain region for 90 days, is that right?
You need to redeem codes through iTunes if you want Apple to upgrade that film to UHD.

Movies redeemed through vudu/MA will stay HD if played through the Apple TV.

Never heard of Apple region locking a movie before. :)

Soldato
You need to redeem codes through iTunes if you want Apple to upgrade that film to UHD.

Movies redeemed through vudu/MA will stay HD if played through the Apple TV.

Never heard of Apple region locking a movie before. :)

Ha i feel like I'm missing something. So if I buy a movie on Vudu it will also be synced with my Apple account? If that's the case even their UHD prices are fine

Soldato
OP
Ha i feel like I'm missing something. So if I buy a movie on Vudu it will also be synced with my Apple account? If that's the case even their UHD prices are fine
If you have both linked through movies anywhere, films purchased on vudu will port over to your Apple account. :)

Soldato
OP
just trying this
cant seem to get any of my vpns to work for the MA sign up

is there a working solution does anyone know?
DNS is a better option than VPN, I can still sign people up as I tried last week and it went through ok.

Send me a trust message and include the email you want to use, I’ll do it when I’m home from work tonight for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom