***Guide To Redeeming Digital Movies***

Soldato
Omg what a faff. Was interesting to see what this box did.... Boy what a disappointment and a swizz. No power cable or hdmi lead included That wasn't advertised when I bought it. And seeing as a I don't have a pc I can't charge the remote.

Brought up an old iTunes account which had films on it. Only 1 was 4k dolby vision... It looked ***** And 60 hz..... Really ? Back it goes

Soldato
OP
Omg what a faff. Was interesting to see what this box did.... Boy what a disappointment and a swizz. No power cable or hdmi lead included That wasn't advertised when I bought it. And seeing as a I don't have a pc I can't charge the remote.

Brought up an old iTunes account which had films on it. Only 1 was 4k dolby vision... It looked ***** And 60 hz..... Really ? Back it goes

It definitely comes with a power adaptor.

You get a lightning cable in the box for charging the remote, don’t you have any phone chargers with a USB plug instead of a wired cable?

It’s also easy to have 2 Apple ID accounts on the Apple TV, just add both accounts and then choose which one you want to use, takes less than 5 seconds to swap between accounts.

Soldato
Sorry I ment USB charger adapter Yes I have several but I can't see any induction it's charging so I'm using the existing charge on the remote atm.

So of the movies I've got in my old collection aren't showing as 4k even tho the films are available as 4k to buy.

Soldato
OP
Sorry I ment USB charger adapter Yes I have several but I can't see any induction it's charging so I'm using the existing charge on the remote atm.

So of the movies I've got in my old collection aren't showing as 4k even tho the films are available as 4k to buy.

If you plug the remote in to charge and then look on the Apple TV, it’ll tell you it’s charging and what the % is.

The films can be tricky, depending on how they were redeemed determines what video quality you’ll get, what are the films?

Soldato
If you plug the remote in to charge and then look on the Apple TV, it’ll tell you it’s charging and what the % is.

The films can be tricky, depending on how they were redeemed determines what video quality you’ll get, what are the films?

Yeah I can see the remote charging... Buts so small and cheap looking / feel. A nowtv remote is better build lol.

I have the predator trilogy that is showing as 4k to buy. But mine are big standard low quality. 2nd star trek reboot is in 4k / dolby visionfor me. But saw 5 mins and wasn't impressed..

It defaulted to DV 50 hz Had to change it to 60. Is that the best it does ?

Soldato
OP
Yeah I can see the remote charging... Buts so small and cheap looking / feel. A nowtv remote is better build lol.

I have the predator trilogy that is showing as 4k to buy. But mine are big standard low quality. 2nd star trek reboot is in 4k / dolby visionfor me. But saw 5 mins and wasn't impressed..

It defaulted to DV 50 hz Had to change it to 60. Is that the best it does ?
I actually like the remote, it's light and the battery lasts for weeks.

It will do whatever refresh rate your TV can do, mine does 4K 60Hz HDR.

When you play a film, swipe down, what does it say?

Soldato
When you play a film, swipe down, what does it say?

Ah..... Predator trillogy is hdr Although it's not listed as that before playing them. Star trek into darkness 0shows that on the menu screen as 4k DV. Inception is DV (no 4k) Others no improvement from the menu still before pressing play.

Oddly its only start trek that's showing the correct details

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ah..... Predator trillogy is hdr Although it's not listed as that before playing them. Star trek into darkness 0shows that on the menu screen as 4k DV. Inception is DV (no 4k) Others no improvement from the menu still before pressing play.

Oddly its only start trek that's showing the correct details
That's normal, I've got films that show as 4K HDR in iTunes yet play in 4K DV. :)

Soldato
My copy of Solo appeared today, fired it up in the VUDU app and no sound, will have a proper look later, but looks like it generally the vudu app playing up...

Soldato

If you already have UV codes from disks or on Flixster you can link that account to VUDU and movies anywhere. There are some that don't go over as the distributor in the UK is different from the US or the name of the film is different. I got a cheap Dark Knight Trilogy 4K from UK on ebay and that has ported right through as a 4K film so it can/does work, its just very title dependant.

Full reboot of the AppleTV sorted VUDU out and Dolby Atmos + Vision all restored and working.

Back
Top Bottom