guy martin on ch4 tv

Soldato
I'm not sure, but that Asian guy's bike seemed fairly stock in comparison.

Remember Guy's bike is 25 year old tech when you take away all the bells and whistles. A modern 600 would run rings round a late 80's GSXR-1100.

Soldato
He was a minute off the time set by a guy on a modern superbike...

The guy who came second in his class was on a modded 80s bike too

One

One

Soldato
It was a good episode if a little dissapointing.

It annoyed me a bit how the narrator talked about his lack of budget as if it was some feature. THe only reason he has no budget is because chanel 4 are cheapskates.

Here are the classes for those interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikes_Peak_International_Hill_Climb#2-Wheeled_Divisions_.26_Classes

So he didn't get a record because there are no records kept for his entry class. Seems like it was complete luck of the draw he didn't happen to have any fiercer competition. Hopefully Guy will be back next year with a factory bike that fits into a non-exhibition class and try to contend with the big boys.

I'm not even sure they can officially say a Brit has won at Pike's Peak?

Also lol at Guy saying Ben Nevis was in England :p

Soldato
looks like his contract included a get as many young women experts who are interest in engineering or speed as possible clause

good episode.

One

One

Soldato
Just caught up on both.

Hovercraft one was pretty good. Why oh why didn't they fix it up properly over nigth and try again teh next day though? Channel 4 budget must suck!

The go-kart one was pretty good. Shame he absolutely totaled it, I bet he could have gone quickerif they'd put a crash barrier at the bottom for him to crash into instead of relying on brakes. Still pretty decent though lol.

Until next series I suppose.

Associate
Yeah I got the distinct feeling that the budget was poor.
He used his own bike at Pikes Peak and didn't even get the resources to get it running perfectly.

Enjoyed it regardless. The gravity car was pretty boss in the end also. :)

Back
Top Bottom