***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Soldato
R2AKlNX.gif

Finally i am getting somewhere! Yeah i have noticed just before i start to decline my knees wobble forward a bit. My hamstrings are so tight i'm working on loosening them loads. Hoping this will help me out a bit with the knee's?

Thanks for your patience mate!

Man of Honour
Butting in and thinking out loud with regards to RDLs - I usually do them in my Oly shoes as I do them after squats... is there much of a difference doing them in heels vs flats?

I generally do them in lifting shoes... And I haven't really noticed a difference.

But then, I deadlift in my heels, anyway, so what do I know? :D

Associate
Been working on my DL form for a while not but never got round to recording a video.

Curious as to whether I am getting this right or whether I'm doing it totally wrong :confused: and what can be done to improve

Man of Honour
OP
What Delvis said, plus:

-hips can be a little high on some reps
-grip too narrow, it looks like your arms are in front of your legs
-bar should be in contact with your body for all of the rep

Soldato
Is that weight too light? In your setup, you don't appear to be tight and secure at all.

Make sure that you're pulling on the bar before you start, to take all the slack out of it and engage your lats. Think more about pushing through your feet rather than pulling. Also the bar shouldn't exactly be travelling upwards, it should almost be travelling upwards and backwards, which ensures that it's in contact with your body all the way up.

How do your hamstrings feel in your setup? Maybe try sinking your hips lower?

Back
Top Bottom