***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Soldato
I dunno, the max I've lifted is 100 but I reckon I could lift more.

90 felt fine tbh, I have no soreness today, hams feel a bit tight but no lower back pain (whether that is actually anything to go by, I'm not so sure).

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I reset each time, the difference I guess is how I reset and initiate the next rep. I think with the previous form I may have been trying to create some stretch reflex to get the weight moving off the floor.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah I think they're both fine, good even, it's just that you're able to cultivate the tightness and positioning faster and with less messing around.

It's what good training progression looks like tbh.

Associate
Quick form check. Not done any dealifting for what feels like forever. 6-7 weeks?

Done 5 sets and videod the last 2 sets.

60 x8
80 x8
100 x8
120 x5 (first vid)
100 x7 or 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql3rRQZMmUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drj_IFsYebY

None of them felt particularly 'good'. And the final set of 100 felt less comfortable than the 120 set.

I think I should have stayed around the 80 mark and worked on my technique considering I hadn't done them for a while.

Think I need to try an keep my ass lower for a start?

Also think I need to slow down a little. No idea why I rushed?!

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Bat you need to make an conscience effort to keep tension in the hams and glutes. Your butt is coming up and your back is pulling the weight through. Try a lighter weight, and make sure you're humping dat bar!

Associate
Yeah I'll deffo make an effort to keep my hams and glutes tighter. I did become more conscious to the fact my ass was high the heavier I got.

I think I was concentrating on not rounding my back and not a lot else tbh. Needless to say it needs work!

And Morba those shorts wont be making an appearance at the gym again! At least on DL/Squat days. Bloody things!

I was trying to remember which way I gripped the bar on my last set so I could switch. Lol... never did remenber!

Gonna reset next week and keep the weights right down. Will try and take another vid of the gyms empty.

Man of Honour
Yeah...lots of back in that by the look of things.

If it makes you feel any better, I almost knocked myself out by cleaning 60kgs into my jaw this afternoon.

Shows why concentration is important. And not at the chick doing hip mobility work in spandex behind me.

Soldato
Yeah...lots of back in that by the look of things.

If it makes you feel any better, I almost knocked myself out by cleaning 60kgs into my jaw this afternoon.

Shows why concentration is important. And not at the chick doing hip mobility work in spandex behind me.

Smooth ;)

Man of Honour
You'd hope. :D

Unfortunately, there are quite a few HR staff that work out in the gym, too.

[FORM DISCUSSION]Practically, it was a consequence of too much back and not enough shrug that led to my present aching jaw.

Mercifully, I know what to do to fix it. As the S&C coach was laughing at the incident.[/FORM DISCUSSION]

Back
Top Bottom