***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Soldato
It's looking good, your bringing it down nicely in line with your lower chest, if anything all I would say is when your pushing the bar up it is also goes back towards the catchers. It should be going straight up and down, but as I said this is just a small thing, and if anything, the camera angle is not helping the way this looks?

Soldato
I think you are correct mate. Reading what Ol' Rippy has to say, my elbows are OK so perhaps I am going towards the catchers a bit too much, will see what I can do to remedy the situation.

Can't wait until I can start using the man-size plates @ 60kg, bit of an ego boost waiting there :) hopefully no acne boost to go with it :mad: :p

Caporegime
First rep or two looks like your hands are going over your elbows as you say (almost as if you are going to drop the bar type thing...You was no where near doing it but you know what I mean hopefully :p)

That's about the only thing I'd keep an eye on, all in all looks good though mate. I've never really got much over 60KG for reps due to my shoulder, so it's going to be a while before I use the 30 DB's! :o Which is annoying really, as I'd like to do flat BB every so often

Nice note about the bar going up and down as well, took me a while before actually realising that is what was meant to happen :p

Caporegime

This is set one, sets two and three I had to fight rep 4 up on both a lot. I'm aware form will be breaking, so theres going to be rounding.

I've been told chest up (which I agree with) and bum down...but as noted before, if my bum goes down any lower at the start, my hamstrings aren't tight

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
That's such a big improvement from a few months ago!

Good tightness, good core activation, bar is well positioned, but your arse does need to be a couple of inches lower to get the most out of your legs. You don't need to have a stretch in your hamstrings for them to exert a lot of force.

Keep your set up EXACTLY the same, and then just drop your hips a few inches.

Great work!

Soldato
Looks solid, although seems like your shoulders are ahead of the bar, same issue I seem to suffer with however I hav no idea how to corrc thi. Jam trying a wider stance but I am lot shorter then you.

Caporegime
That's such a big improvement from a few months ago!

Good tightness, good core activation, bar is well positioned, but your arse does need to be a couple of inches lower to get the most out of your legs. You don't need to have a stretch in your hamstrings for them to exert a lot of force.

Keep your set up EXACTLY the same, and then just drop your hips a few inches.

Great work!

Thanks mate :)

Core is certainly coming along and I can feel it working more now. I'll lower my arse a touch next week, and keep the chest up.

Good to know about the hamstrings, I can stop worrying now ;) Cheers for the critique though! Surprising what a couple of months can do eh? :)

Caporegime
this will probably solve the shoulder/bar positioning I was on about.

Thanks, read your post above as well :)

Yeah, it makes sense really. I was trying to put force on to the hamstrings so they were tight before the lift...As ice said, i'll drop my butt and try from there.

One thing I have noticed....I'm not rolling it forwards as much now :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Looks solid, although seems like your shoulders are ahead of the bar, same issue I seem to suffer with however I hav no idea how to corrc thi. Jam trying a wider stance but I am lot shorter then you.
I think it's a little deceptive in this video, the line of force from his shoulders is further down his back now due to him getting his lats involved.

If you look here:

It looks kind of like the same thing is going on, but I would have fallen forwards if my shoulders were too far in front of the bar.

Maybe this is why you're having trouble correcting the issue, because to be any further back would put you off balance.

Any recent videos from the side?
Thanks mate :)

Core is certainly coming along and I can feel it working more now. I'll lower my arse a touch next week, and keep the chest up.

Good to know about the hamstrings, I can stop worrying now ;) Cheers for the critique though! Surprising what a couple of months can do eh? :)
It's seriously impressive, I'll be touting you as an example. Don't take this the wrong way, but to go from form that was as jacked up as yours was to what's in the video is awesome.

Caporegime
It's seriously impressive, I'll be touting you as an example. Don't take this the wrong way, but to go from form that was as jacked up as yours was to what's in the video is awesome.

Haha :D

Not taken the wrong way at all! After all, it was your generosity that sorted it out (and doms I must add, and anyone else that happened to help that day :p). And lets face it, it was off somewhat!

Thanks though, it's good to hear it's improved.

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom