***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Soldato

Trying out RDLs for the first time since my attempt at the HST thing. I feel like im humping the bar. Only light but im trying to get better form.

Thanks <3

Last edited:
Soldato
Only seen the first half of the video before it spazzed out my browser:

Can't tell if spine neutral.
Keep head in neutral position (you're looking forward/up, look down infront of you)
Knees & hips back further, there shouldn't be much movement at the knees at all IIRC (in terms of coming forward).
Don't hold the weight out infront of you, grind those shins & thighs up.
Don't hyperextend at the top (this is probably occuring as there isn't a massive ROM here)

Not bad though :)

Soldato
Some RDL's from today's 5th session of HST 8's. Heavy weekend has caught up with me and was feeling pretty under the weather most of today.

C&C welcome. Could probably keep my shoulders back a little further and try to stop my torso bouncing around like a banjo off my hinge.

Man of Honour
OP
Pretty perfect, although on the first rep I'd deadlift up and start from the top and your knees could do with being kept back slightly more.

Soldato
it's a very powerful hip thrust you got... I bet your girl can't walk in a morning! :D

Not quite the same pelvic crush capability as Icecold's.

Forever alone after a liftime g/f / walls PB :( Though can confirm Saturday sl00t enjoyed.

8th wonder n00d of my PB available for viewing at next bro down. Reason alone to come.

Soldato
Benny, what did you do to get a good ROM on your hip hinge? Need to improve mine :o

Stretch/work on your hamstring, abductor, adductor, glute flexability.

Easiest way to do this would be to warm up and then hang in the bottom of the RDL position and use a light weight to pull/stretch your hammies out.

That or some PNF stretches if you are super tight.

I've always tried to maintain good hamstring/glute flexability throughout my lifting though.

Back
Top Bottom