***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Man of Honour
IN for tight pecs.

I too have that exact same problem described with the lovely picture of the woman in a bra. I notice it in the shower, being able to reach further up my back with one hand than the other. Ha. Now you're all thinking of me in the shower (more than you normally would at least).

Anyway, you say tight right pec, well this makes a lot of sense - even being a nomass weakfag I am very aware of my left pec being bigger than my right. Just from feeling about I can feel the shape of my left but the right is quite different.

Years of mousing and one-strapping likely to have caused this? Likelihood of rapid fixing?

Associate
thanks, also could I get a deadlift form check. I feel like when I raise my chest up I'm hyper extending my lower back. Does that even matter when deadlifting though?

Also I know I'm hyper extending at the top.

Man of Honour
OP
Warm up

Heaviest set

Am I hyper extending my lower back too much? Can I prevent it by just tensing my abs more?
Stop doing that weird thing with your back before you do a rep. You're cranking your spine all over the place.

Forget about chest up as a cue, just try and keep your torso vertical.
thanks, also could I get a deadlift form check. I feel like when I raise my chest up I'm hyper extending my lower back. Does that even matter when deadlifting though?

Also I know I'm hyper extending at the top.

Yes, again, you're flossing your spine. Stop lifting your chest up; the way you currently interpret that is to extend your lumbar.

You need to do a lot of thoracic mobility.
High bar? Moar knees out, moar chest up, moar elbows under the bar.

*so close*

Why is this guy also going into extension before the each rep :confused:

Why is no squatting tutorial perfect :(

Man of Honour
Your lumbar is still flickimg out and flexing in on the heavy set. Based on how your shoulders hold their orientation despite what your back is doing, I don't know what is going on, I am afraid... :(

Man of Honour
No - it is your attempt to stabilise your lumbar and prevent butt wink by extending it first. This - ironically - causes just as many problems as your vertebrae squeeze all those cartilage discs back and forth whilst under load.

What you need to do is stop your spine moving with a braced core. If you cannot squat to depth holding this position then don't: get yourself mobile and stretched (ankles, hips quads and hammies) and slowly progress.

Back
Top Bottom