Gym Rats Festive and New Years Meet - 12th January 2013

Soldato
Gamefreak, I've found a new fun way of reading all your posts. I imagine you actually dictate your posts to a man called David, then when you're finished dictating, you thank him for all his hard work. Unfortunately, David is a bit simple, and thinks you're still telling him what to type. It takes him a few moments to realise this, and he always clicks "Post Reply" before he gets chance to remove it.

Thanks,

Roger

Man of Honour
I've found a new fun way of reading all your posts. I imagine you actually dictate your posts to a man called David, then when you're finished dictating, you thank him for all his hard work. Unfortunately, David is a bit simple, and thinks you're still telling him what to type. It takes him a few moments to realise this, and he always clicks "Post Reply" before he gets chance to remove it.

Thanks,

Roger

:D

PAz

PAz

Soldato
I was in Fitness First near Dunstable - but they closed down. So I've been focusing on just running since November 2012.

I'll be joining the Pure Gym who are taking over to take advantage of their £15 joining fee and £10.99/monthly fee. They should be opening in February 2013 and it is 24 hours. Though I expect it to be packed at peak times but it's not on a contract.

Cheers,

David

Pure Gym will be 24 hours? Awesome...I'll have to check that out. I'm between DW (dunstable) and Prime MMA (Also dunstable) at the moment.

Caporegime
Aye Pure Gym is a 24hour gym, along with Kiss gym (MK)

Downsides to Pure Gym, DB's go to 36kg max but they have a dedicated bench press. Kiss downsides they have no dedicated bench press but their DB's go to 40kg.

Soldato
Actually that reminds me - I ought to go to DW Fitness to get some properly fitted trainers!

DBs I don't use that much - I probably should as a nice change from the barbell. Maybe when I join, swap over between barbell/dumb-bells.

Caporegime
Just go to Pure, it's only two sets of DBs less but you get a proper Bench....!

Aye that's what I'm thinking. I either stick at my place and use the bench there, or I pay 10.99 a month and go to a proper gym and see how it all goes. That said, there are benches in the squat racks to use.

At the end of the day there is not contract, only thing is I'll be training at 6am or at 8/9pm.

Caporegime
If you're intending on using Pure, make sure you join up before it opens, otherwise you'll be paying 18.99 a month rather than the pre-opening charge of 10.99 for the first year.

Soldato
nothing wrong with training at 6am.

i keep on thinking if i should give it a try. save £24 a month and i only need over 36kg dbs on 2 exercises a week! i could even sub out heavy DB rows for BOR's. That just leaves me with inclined db bench that i could just do lighter db's and superset with heavier inclined bb bench!

i could imagine running out of plates though if more there is 3 people in there using the oly bars for squatting and deadlifting!

Caporegime
nothing wrong with training at 6am.

i keep on thinking if i should give it a try. save £24 a month and i only need over 36kg dbs on 2 exercises a week! i could even sub out heavy DB rows for BOR's. That just leaves me with inclined db bench that i could just do lighter db's and superset with heavier inclined bb bench!

i could imagine running out of plates though if more there is 3 people in there using the oly bars for squatting and deadlifting!

That would be my issue, they would soon have to increase the number of plates there :p I'm just going to do it, and either do morning or evening training.

Thanks

Alfred

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Looking forward to this.

What time are we meeting? Do you have the post code for the parking?

The post workout nandos will be interesting with me, ice and syla5 back loading ;)

Back
Top Bottom