Gym Rats Festive and New Years Meet - 12th January 2013

Man of Honour
I really wish I could come :(

Ah well I shall think of you as I'm up in "sunny" Livingstone - well actually I shall be thinking of my friends getting married... but as I fly over Birmingham I shall send a passing thought :p

Man of Honour
OP
Plan for the day

Parking

I'm not going to recommend one single parking place this year as everyone will be coming in from different directions, but if you see here:

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/near/temple-gym/

Any of those will do, EXCEPT the parking marked 1, as that is closed, as we found out the hard way last year. But all of them provide post codes for you to use with sat navs

So park anywhere you can really, Wills found a good one last year in terms of prices so if he can let me know which one it is, I'll update the post. Some can be very expensive so double check the prices on that site before you turn up

Arriving

We are meeting at the gym at 11:30, I say 11:30 because I know people will arrive late, so meet at the gym at 11:30 to aim for a 12 start. Serious brahs, last year was a bit of a joke in terms of waiting on some people, so this year, if you're not here for 12, we'll start without you, and if that means you miss some of the team games starting, well tough I'm afraid :(

The Plan in Temple
On arriving, we'll all get changed into the most anabolic outfits we have, showing all those striations and our amazing vascularity. Then it's time to hit the gym. It's £5 for a single session, so please remember this. Anyone turns up and herp derps it and says they thought it was free, you'll be asked to wait outside so people don't think we're associated with you.

We'll then draw teams, I'm still debating the best system to deal with this, but teams will be drawn in a fair way. But teams are final. We will not mess them around, so no bitching :p

12pm - 2013kg Challenge
1pm - Chin 'til you Win!
1:30pm - Dip Challenge!
2pm - Team Totals - The Grand Finale

Obviously those times may well go out the window on the day, but if possible I'd like to try and stick as close as possible to them. As obviously we've got a lot to get through :) I've ditched the power lifting comp as I just think it's a bit pointless, people will be far too tired from the challenges to put the lifts in. And it will just be too long a day otherwise

After have finished with this, it's time to present the trophies for the winners, and for the losers to feel utterly ashamed. We'll have a bro down, and I'm bringing my camera for a few decent photos. I'll be taking photos throughout the day as well, all of which will go on here :)

Post Workout Feast

At approx 3:30pm we will hit Nandos at the Paradise Forum. Last year we went to The Mailbox, but this one is a bit closer and looks to be a little bigger which will be better for us as it's a bigger group than last year.

And from here we will feast and discuss the days events, discuss everything gym related and generally have some awesome banter.

I'll also present the trophies too the winners of the Gym Rat Awards that are present at the event

After that you can all bugger off home :D

Man of Honour
Cheers Steeds!

I might have to be a bit gay on some of the challenges. I'm not going to kill myself and risk my comp prep, but this certainly won't effect everything.

Man of Honour
I think outdoing you (UE) is what will drive me to ruin :D

LiE, I'll deliver some inappropriate hip lovin', can't have you broken for your first comp.

Permabanned
I think outdoing you (UE) is what will drive me to ruin :D

LiE, I'll deliver some inappropriate hip lovin', can't have you broken for your first comp.

To be honest youll spend so long correcting my form i wont really understand how to lift anything by the end of it and might well fall over on the way to nandos.

Back
Top Bottom