HAF X - Final Build with NZXT cables - Pictures Resized

Why are people sticking with the average corsair H50's ? especially in this case where something like a d14 silver arrow or archon would be ideal.Buy a massive air cooling case like this and bung an H50 in it doesn't make sense to me.

Have changed the GFX out to a eVga GFX 980 FTW

1605a1603158.jpg

anyway your psu should be the other way, fan facing down. hence the air vents on the bottom of the case.

That's not 100% true, it's not the way Seasonic recommend either. Warm air rises, if you have it face down then your going to need a PSU with the fan running all the time to get rid of the excess heat and to cool the PSU.

My Seasonic is a Hybrid, i can choose whether to run the fan or not, mine is face up with any warm air rising out of the PSU and into the case where i have very good temps with this setup, that way it escapes (warm air rises) and doesn't stay trapped in the power supply.

Last edited:
Dump that 580, no need for it.

The 580 is being used for PhysX only. I will get another 980 FTW in a few months. So will be back to SLI.

Its not slowing me down, or causing any extra heat in the system.

Have to say I am impressed with the evga 980 FTW with ACX 2.0, fans don't kick in until temp of card hits 62degrees. Also got the back plate as an extra, finishes the card of will I think.

Back
Top Bottom