*** Half-Life: Alyx ***

Soldato
If youve got the gfx card grunt try upping the super sampling using oculus tray tools. Try 1.2 - 1.4.

Thanks I'll give it a go later, just had another go but need a break, gets a bit sweaty in that headset.
Not got far but just reached
the lone vortigaunt
The model and animation are fantastic!

Edit - Is there a way to let anyone watch me play?
Mates want to see the game, tried streaming via radeon software but i just got a black screen.

l0z

l0z

Associate
Edit - Is there a way to let anyone watch me play?
Mates want to see the game, tried streaming via radeon software but i just got a black screen.

If you have spectator mode active in Alyx, have your friend request to watch your broadcast as if it were a normal steam game. I'll give a try later and let you know how i get on.

l0z

l0z

Associate
I've just got to the hotel. Amazing vibes, like the movie Annihilation. This game also pays tribute to Japanese action horror games like Resident Evil (the keycards and suspense sequences).

Contrast that with the action sequences, which are also fantastic. I battled through the metro station against the heavy combine, took me 7 or 8 goes, mainly because I can't throw grenades well with my left hand. What a game.

Associate
Cracked my hand off my low ceiling trying to lob the grenade into the air duct when you get to that point. Sure I wasn't the first and won't be the last! Loving this game. Chapter 5 now with about 4 hours played.

Soldato
pre ordered a Rift S from a competitor who has a £20 premium on their pricing, from the website it looks like their lot is coming in on the 21st April, we shall see, if it comes up elsewhere in the mean time I will switch and if it is a longer wait than the 21st I will probably cancel until this all settles down. The whole of the UK looks to be completely depleted of stock.

Man of Honour
Played the first 20 mins last night, what an awesome game so far. Really engaging. I have to do short stints as I have no VR legs :(

Associate
Just started this....wow

Cant get over how good it looks in my cv1, can only imagine how good it is in better ones.
This Is my first proper vr game only done sim racing and the odd demo thing with it before and its blown my mind, awesome stuff.

Soldato
Using my quest with both link and wireless via VD and it's great. With the latest beta of VD the tracking is very good (previously you could tell the lag difference vs link) wireless so much so I'm struggling to go back to cable (there is a slight drop off in quality but not noticeable on insane quality). Turned off turning on the controller forcing me to move and the freedom wireless provides is game changing, needs to be the standard of any next gen headsets.

Back
Top Bottom