***Halo 5***

There's no chance I'd get this on release considering that match making is still broken in MCC. It's a complete joke really.
And what was that trailer about?! Totally pointless IMO. We should be seeing some awesome gameplay trailers by now.

Huh? MCC has been fixed for ages now, so you might wanna check that.
Finding this release to H5 isn't the same.
And why would you see gameplay trailers this soon? You know this is based as a build up to E3?
Personally think the whole thing is awesome.

Even playing coop on MCC is still pot luck, so I wouldn't say they've fixed matchmaking at all.

Typically all the Halo teaser trailers have been fairly epic set pieces showing the game engine off along with a big teaser revealing a yet announced part of the plot.
Both of those seem fairly mundane in that we knew Locke was hunting Chief already.

Hopefully E3 brings back some of the wow factor that Bungie seemed so adept at creating.

You mean all the live action stuff the did as well that didn't even feature or have anything to do with the story of the game?

I found the Beta one of the best balanced multiplayers ive played in a long time.
How has it gone the way of COD,COD should take every thing from what made the Halo MP so much better.

Episode 2
https://soundcloud.com/huntthetruth/episode-02-bad-records
tumblr_nmd1f7hjy41uokpa1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmd1f7hjy41uokpa1o2_1280.jpg

Was it?....first ive heard, one of the best smoothest betas that came out with over a year to still dev at the time.

Kinda like a Beta would be then?
I played it pretty consistantly over the period and ran into the few problems with finding a game, that was about it.

It had the same matchmaking problems that MCC still suffers to this date.

Zero faith, definitely not a day 1 purchase.

I love the series. I was preparing to fly back to the UK to play this with my friends on launch day but they have spooned it up so much with MCC and the Halo 5 beta that I will not be doing that for this game.

Its had exactly nothing like the ranking matchmaking problem MCC has.

267-cover-reveal-spread.jpg

fY3DFRc.png

LUsNWJU.png

You've played the Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta. Now it's time to uncover the mysteries behind the story.

We went to 343 Industries to get the first hands-on with Master Chief's campaign. As you can see from the cover imagery, the Chief is now accompanied by the legendary Blue Team in both single-player and four-player co-op. Linda, Fred, and Kelly were abducted when they were six years old alongside John to be turned into Spartan-II super soldiers. This tight-knit squad grew up together and battled through many adventures in the expanded fiction, but this will mark their first significant role in a core Halo game. With the loss of Cortana in Halo 4, Blue Team steps up to interact with Chief, appear in cutscenes, and accept commands from him in single-player. In co-op play, everyone takes on a specific member, each with a different loadout unique to their specialty.

We played an early mission set before Master Chief and Blue Team are declared AWOL by the very military that made them. The flipside of the campaign follows Spartan Jameson Locke, seen in the Halo: Nightfall TV series, as he tracks down Halo's signature hero to bring him in or take him down. Locke recruits a team of his own, Fireteam Osiris, to do the job. This mix of familiar and new faces rounds out the team of high-tech Spartan-IVs, who all come from elite military backgrounds. See if you can spot a returning fan favorite in our coverage trailer below.

Our lengthy hands-on sessions also included plenty of time in the revamped competitive Arena multiplayer. In the cover story, we break down specific changes to the Empire map from last winter's beta and we debut a never-before-seen map called Fathom. This undersea base looks gorgeous and is loaded with all kinds of hidden tricks for experienced players to dig in and discover. 343 also teases a new multiplayer mode never seen in a Halo game before. Read about all this and more in the latest issue of Game Informer.

Back
Top Bottom