Halo (TV Series)

Associate
Nice to see Dave Chappelle take on a more serious role.
If youre talking about the other Spartan bloke, thats not Dave Chapelle, its Bokeem Woodbine, whos one of those scene stealing supporting actors that pops up in loads of stuff...

Notably way back he's the nutty dude in Dead Presidents that carrys the Viet Cong soldiers head around in his bag for luck and Fargo season 2 as Mike Millligan the mob enforcer with the twin henchmen.

Man of Honour
Been enjoying it so far but the was some weird moments in #3. What even are those wormer things, I don't remember that from Halo, something new? Admittedly I didn't play all the games yet. Also nail sword was about as dumb as you can get - why was that an idea?

Naked Master Chief felt so unnecessary too. Coulda just had him remove his backplate or whatever. Naked for... reasons?

Caporegime
Been enjoying it so far but the was some weird moments in #3. What even are those wormer things, I don't remember that from Halo, something new? Admittedly I didn't play all the games yet. Also nail sword was about as dumb as you can get - why was that an idea?

Naked Master Chief felt so unnecessary too. Coulda just had him remove his backplate or whatever. Naked for... reasons?

They were Lekgolo, the worms that make up Hunters, pilot Scarabs. Not new, been in all the games.

Nail sword looked a bit derpy but it does make sense that she'd need a weapon that was not obvious and they have the technology to do something like that.

Naked master chief felt weird (possibly because we'd also had a slightly unnecessary naked scene with her the episode before) Would have felt better if the pill was just somewhere else in his body like his neck.

Caporegime
I forced my self to watch episode one whilst I was fixing something the other day.

absolute crap, the second and third episode seemed way better but half the cast are like random people grabbed off the street and told to read lines or what?

is it one of those Canadian tv shows where they have to use mostly local actors?

Associate
I have watched up to episode 4 now and I really don't get this taking off the helmet and carrying it around nonsense. It just really off-putting to me. Also I really don't see the point of that Kwan girl side story, it's a minor character who I don't care about.

Caporegime
I have watched up to episode 4 now and I really don't get this taking off the helmet and carrying it around nonsense. It just really off-putting to me. Also I really don't see the point of that Kwan girl side story, it's a minor character who I don't care about.
it's the mandalorian but in reverse

seems like a series that could get good though, but could be wasted potential, I'm not sold yet

Caporegime
That is undoubtedly coming, but the nominally peaceful prelude is an important part of the story. Goodness knows what they've done to justify it being a different timeline though, I hope it's more than just marginal changes.

Caporegime
The haircut 2000 storyline needs to start being of interest, or actually have some point to it, in this episode it was basically an afterthought.

Cortana gets a nice jibe in at master chief, plus a good battle sequence.

The helmet on off thing is really grating, at this point it's like an ocd tic ffs. He's like the anti mandalorian taking it off as much as possible.

Really brings my **** to a boil why these streaming series seems to have randomly determined run times. This episode was almost FIFTEEN minutes shorter than last week, wtf? Would never have happened when these shows were made for TV, they had to stick to a formatted run time with a lee way of a minute or 2 at most.

Caporegime
Really brings my **** to a boil why these streaming series seems to have randomly determined run times. This episode was almost FIFTEEN minutes shorter than last week, wtf? Would never have happened when these shows were made for TV, they had to stick to a formatted run time with a lee way of a minute or 2 at most.

I think that is one of the greatest things about streaming shows, they can have episodes the length they need them to be and not cut stuff to fit it into a timeslot or rearrange things for advertising breaks.

Caporegime
I think that is one of the greatest things about streaming shows, they can have episodes the length they need them to be and not cut stuff to fit it into a timeslot or rearrange things for advertising breaks.

I find it irritating, seems like sometimes you're just getting into the episode and it's over long before it was expected, especially as all the previous eps were 50 minutes plus, for this to end 15 minutes early is jarring

Soldato
Watched the first 4 episodes as still starved of sci-fi - it's fairly generic, shallow and easy going but i'm enjoying it so far. I like the actor they've chosen for masterchief which helps, he's been great in everything i've seen him do so far.

Back
Top Bottom