***Han Solo movie***

Soldato
Dunno about that, Boba Fett would have been an interesting character to have a backstory to. Could have also shown his skirmish with Vader that was in one of the comics iirc.

Hmm... I think they could probably make an interesting story and then go "that's Boba Fett's story!" but there's so little to go on in the movies (at least the original trilogy and prequels)... he just does so little and has no depth at all, so there's not that much to flesh out with an origin story (other than I suppose - how did he become a bounty hunter? as if it matters)

Man of Honour
Hmm... I think they could probably make an interesting story and then go "that's Boba Fett's story!" but there's so little to go on in the movies (at least the original trilogy and prequels)... he just does so little and has no depth at all, so there's not that much to flesh out with an origin story (other than I suppose - how did he become a bounty hunter? as if it matters)

"with five lines in the trilogy and one of them was AAAH".

Caporegime

Well if you take into consideration the Jango Fett storyline they could do something interesting with Bobba. He's almost a blank slate in terms of character in the movies so its something that could be fleshed out into an interesting movie. Just needs the right director and the right script, Solo had neither, and was further burdened by having an unconvincing lead actor.

Soldato
Dunno about that, Boba Fett would have been an interesting character to have a backstory to. Could have also shown his skirmish with Vader that was in one of the comics iirc.

the thing is, we don't need it.
Boba fett isn't really a character, he has one line and looks cool, thats all he was - thats why he was popular. The mystery made him cool. Finding anything out about him would diminish that.

Soldato
Well if you take into consideration the Jango Fett storyline they could do something interesting with Bobba. He's almost a blank slate in terms of character in the movies so its something that could be fleshed out into an interesting movie. Just needs the right director and the right script, Solo had neither, and was further burdened by having an unconvincing lead actor.

That's pretty much what I said - they can make an interesting movie and slap the well known character onto it, but that's not the same as a character from the original who has tons of potential for an interesting backstory movie that expands on a lot of what is seen there... Boba Fett movie to me is like if they had a Jabba the Hutt movie or a Greedo movie or those double-headed podrace commentator guys movie... could still be good but if it is it won't be due to the character's potential

Personally I liked Solo... went in with absolutely zero expectations and really enjoyed it (to each his own, of course)

Soldato
To be fair, there would have been a lot more to go on with a Jango movie than a Boba movie.

Weren’t the modalorians pretty much done by the time line of the prequels?

Soldato
Maul was brought back in the clone wars TV series, before Disney bought lucasfilm

Maul was brought back in Season 4 of Clone Wars, which predated Disney by some time. Actually, the first hints of Maul's return were given in "Witches of the Mist" (S03E14), which was written by Lucas' daughter, Katie.
Personally, I thought his role in Clone Wars and Rebels made him a much better character. He final fight against Obi-Wan was actually handled really well and was genuinely poignant. His cameo in Solo was a bit pointless though and the way he ignited his lightsaber for absolutely no reason smacked of having to point out to non-fans that he was a Sith (pssst, they're the baddies!).

Soldato
I do think Maul is a cool character too... always thought it was a shame to kill him off in Episode I especially since the villains in the subsequent movie(s) were pretty lame in comparison...

Actually if anyone hasn't seen this series of videos (below is the first one, but ones exist for II and III as well) I found them to be quite good suggestions for how the plot of the prequels could be re-worked... it keeps Maul alive through the whole things and he acts as a really good adversary for Obi Wan...

Soldato
Those Belated Media videos are excellent. I would LOVE for them to actually be made into movies. I love the way in which he changes things so that when OBK uses his lightsaber on Tatooine it isn't such a ridiculous plot hole.

Back
Top Bottom