Hanns-G HG281DP 28" Widescreen Any good, really??

Associate
I was going to buy one of these...then the price went up 30+%!

Funny how a "must have" becomes a "unnecessary luxury"... :p

If it dropped back to £250 I'd buy one today, but not much chance of that with our fcked up exchange rates. Thanks Gordon Brown!

Last edited:
Associate
Ive just bought one of these monitors, you know with it not supporting 16:9, how do movies come out, 'cos my new PC (when ive built it) has a blueray drive, so will it make watching movies crap?

Associate
Just purchased this uber screen due to the awesome reviews. A second one would be insane to have. Rollon Sat morning \0/!!

Just a quick note. I cant fault this monitor at all. The size is unreal and dwarfs my dual Dell 2007WFP setup. The only worry I have is that on the left side there is a vertical band of white haze. (see pic) This only appears on black backgrounds. Now Im thinking it could be bleeding, but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm that this panel is subject to this problem, and any ways to resolve it?

Kristof

Image Hosting

Last edited:
Associate
It's not typical to have a near perfect verticle line of bleed on the panel. My question to you is do you see this bleed during normal usage like when your gaming or watching a movie?

If not then I wouldn't worry about it. But if the right side looks washed out with games or a movie then I would find it a problem.

My backlight
ds-305wuniformity01.jpg

Associate
Hi fella,

The bleeding is visable when gaming and when a movie is playing. As you say it is not good having a permanat vertical white line of bleed, but normal to have the odd bit of bleeding.

Is this normal, and would it disappear over time?

For troubleshooting: I have changed the HDMI to DVI cable, used variety of colour schemes, drivers, resolutions etc and still the problem persists. Looks like a RMA is in order with OCUK. :(

Associate
I think just the opposite might happen. The bleed could get worse. I had an identicle panel from viewsonic but my bleed was along the top. It seemed to get worse within a few weeks of heavy usage. Needless to say I canned it and got a different monitor.

Associate
I have had mine about a month and half the screen went off and the backlight was bleeding.
The next day the entire screen went white :(
Overclockers offered to RMA is straight away but Hannsg been very slow in getting back to me.
Is a very nice monitor I just worry about it breaking again when I get a replacement...eventually lol
Jamie

Associate
Just wondering how does this compare to the HT09, which is better? I know there both the same company but i'm hoping the HT09 with it being newer might produce a slightly better picture.

Also does anyone know if Hanns-G will be producing a new 28" monitor in the near future.

i've been waiting for the price to come back down again but the cheapest i've found it was £278 delivered. unless someone can tell me another reputable place where its cheaper. I know it was £250 before christmas.

Just wondering how does this compare to the HT09, which is better? I know there both the same company but i'm hoping the HT09 with it being newer might produce a slightly better picture.

Also does anyone know if Hanns-G will be producing a new 28" monitor in the near future.

i've been waiting for the price to come back down again but the cheapest i've found it was £278 delivered. unless someone can tell me another reputable place where its cheaper. I know it was £250 before christmas.

Read the FAQ

Soldato
I have the same bleed on my 28".
I only notice it when watching dark films so I havent bothered replacing it, most of my film watching happens on my projector :p. I'm more concerned over a dead pixel popping up tbh.

Associate
just a quick post.....

in middle of installing wall mounts for my 3 hanns g 28"

dscn0730.jpg

just got 2 so cant comment but the older one ive had for about a year and not seen much bleeding maybe the odd but doesnt effect anything in games

Associate
I used to run one of these on my gaming PC, it's easily the best monitor I've ever had. I now use it for watching movies from the laptop and playing the 360 on, and it looks gorgeous doing both. Great monitor for the money.

Soldato
Is this monitor worth a buy then guys? i will be using it for gaming and internet maybe occasional film watching.

What is this talk about 1:1 mapping and watching dvds or bluray will have black borders?

Is this monitor a TN panel?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom