Hannspree HG324QJB 32" 1440p 144hz Adaptive Sync

Associate
+ Static images look glorious once calibrated IMO.
+ Good value for a 32" VA.
+ 8mm border / 2mm side and top bezels.
+ Attractive red metallic bottom bezel (yes, it's a plus!).
+ I got lucky with no missing pixels or backlight bleed to speak of. May my luck extend to you all.

- It's blurry during motion, especially at low framerates and with dark images due to poor pixel response time.
- Freesync is flickery on this monitor.
- Banding in gradients.
- Faint horizontal 'lines' running through the image; more visible with certain colours.
- Black levels (and contrast ratio) aren't quite as good as you would hope with VA. One review site said the contrast ratio is only good at a very low brightness, and this monitor is already comparatively dim at 50.
- Viewing angles for dark colours are also pretty bad. Black levels go even further down the toilet when viewing from any kind of angle. Lighter colours also become desaturated as you'd expect.
- If you increase the black levels using monitor adjustments, brighter colours get washed out.
- Some of them have a stuttering issue at 144Hz after some period of time of being on (mine is affected). Setting to 120 Hz fixes it. The 144Hz stuttering has gone away now, either due to the latest Windows Update 1709 or an nVIDIA GeForce Displayport Firmware Update.
- Some games have a problem starting up when the monitor is set to 120 Hz but is capable of 144Hz *cough* Sekiro - Shadows Die Twice.
- The response Time option built into the monitor is a joke; there doesn't appear to be any difference between Standard and Advanced, and Ultra Fast makes the colours go all weird during motion. Sure, the UFO test appears to be better on Ultra Fast, if that's your bag, but games look awful.

Overall I don't enjoy this monitor as much as I should in fast paced FPS because the blurriness makes the image inconsistent. Thin lines "disappear" as you move the camera around and fidelity isn't as crisp or bright during movement. Add the Freesync flickering into the mix (and the 144Hz stuttering issue if you're affected) and I'm really not happy with the monitor at all.

I would have to concur with the person who recommended the Dell S2719DGF. Even though it is TN, this is the monitor I would go with until monitor tech has improved in the motion clarity department.

Last edited:
Associate
+ Static images look glorious once calibrated IMO.
+ Good value for a 32" VA.
+ 8mm border / 2mm side and top bezels.
+ Attractive red metallic bottom bezel (yes, it's a plus!).
+ I got lucky with no missing pixels or backlight bleed to speak of. May my luck extend to you all.

- It's blurry during motion, especially at low framerates and with dark images due to poor pixel response time.
- Freesync is flickery on this monitor.
- Black levels (and contrast ratio) aren't quite as good as you would hope with VA. One review site said the contrast ratio is only good at a very low brightness, and this monitor is already comparatively dim at 50.
- Viewing angles for dark colours are also pretty bad. Black levels go even further down the toilet when viewing from any kind of angle. Lighter colours also become desaturated as you'd expect.
- If you increase the black levels using monitor adjustments, brighter colours get washed out.
- Some of them have a stuttering issue at 144Hz after some period of time of being on (mine is affected). Setting to 120 Hz fixes it. Some games have a problem starting up when the monitor is set to 120 Hz but is capable of 144Hz *cough* Sekiro - Shadows Die Twice.
- The response Time option built into the monitor is a joke; there doesn't appear to be any difference between Standard and Advanced, and Ultra Fast makes the colours go all weird during motion. Sure, the UFO test appears to be better on Ultra Fast, if that's your bag, but games look awful.

Overall I don't enjoy this monitor as much as I should in fast paced FPS because the blurriness makes the image inconsistent. Thin lines "disappear" as you move the camera around and fidelity isn't as crisp or bright during movement. Add the Freesync flickering into the mix (and the 144Hz stuttering issue if you're affected) and I'm really not happy with the monitor at all.

I would have to concur with the person who recommended the Dell S2719DGF. Even though it is TN, this is the monitor I would go with until monitor tech has improved in the motion clarity department.

Are you keeping it?

I just bought one, arrived today. Not one dead/stuck pixel which is good. There were two different DP cables that came with the monitor for some reason, I just chose one at random to use, have not noticed any issues, but this is the first time with a 144Hz VA screen and don't really know what I'm looking for.

Not sure I like the curve, and it is a bit too big for me, wish I went with a 27" tbh. But don't really fancy going through a returns process unless really needed.

People keep saying they bought their own DP cable, I don't really know what I'm looking for, can anyone recommend a decent one to use with this monitor? Or should I stick with the DP cable that it came with?

Associate
Hey, I also got this monitor and like it so far.
My main issue seems to be flickering on and off (black screen). At first I thought it was just the adaptive sync but it has done it a few times when that has been turned off too.
I have several DP cables and they all seem to do it. It's either the monitor or I need to buy a much better quality cable.
What settings do you guys use if not out the box settings?

Associate
Hey, I also got this monitor and like it so far.
My main issue seems to be flickering on and off (black screen). At first I thought it was just the adaptive sync but it has done it a few times when that has been turned off too.
I have several DP cables and they all seem to do it. It's either the monitor or I need to buy a much better quality cable.
What settings do you guys use if not out the box settings?

I'm using the settings found on the first few pages of this thread. I have not noticed flickering, but these horizontal lines are doing my head in they're quite noticeable. I am likely going to return it tbh, not worth the money IMO. I think I will end up plumping up the extra £150 or so for the Gigabyte AD27QD 27" IPS monitor, think I have just been so used to IPS screens that anything else is a bit of a let down.

Associate
I recently discovered that this monitor is prone to banding of gradients. Well, mine is anyway. The 144Hz stuttering hasn't gone away. or I have to run it at 120Hz all the time, otherwise video playback or any motion in Windows will eventually exhibit a slight stutter, just as much as games do.

The 144Hz stuttering has gone away now, either due to the latest Windows Update 1709 or an nVIDIA GeForce Displayport Firmware Update.

Now I'm in the market for a new monitor that is capable of better clarity in motion and has none of the drawbacks that this one does. And not for a grand or anything close to it, thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,
i got this monitor a few days ago and i like it so far, but i cant get the Hz indicator top right of the screen turned off... i found no option in monitor settings for it.

Anyone else?

I have this issue too. I found that Freesync ON cause this issue. Anyone found a solution for it?

Associate
You can turn each RGB value down individually or use your GPU control panel to achieve the same effect, but apart from that... This is a budget monitor with lacklustre features to match.

Associate
Sorry to necro this thread. Got this monitor today and really like it - however when I enable freesync I get a yellow refresh rate/fps counter on the top right. I can disable it temporarily if I mash 2 of the buttons but it always comes back. Any ideas? Been through the whole OSD

Associate
yep just checked and definitely no 'FV Information' option in Setup Menu. I have a 'Resolution Notice' but it doesnt seem to do anything.

Associate
Are you sure you don't have RTSS/Fraps etc with "show own statistics" turned on?

I've never seen this counter as a built-in feature of the screen.
definitely part of the screen, and only when freesync is enabled. It doesn't show up in screenshots and displays over the top of the mouse on the desktop.

Associate
So u have old firmware like me and u need firmware update that add this option.
I had same problem like u.
U need to contact with Hanspree so they ll do firmware update to your monitor.

Back
Top Bottom