Hannspree HG324QJB 32" 1440p 144hz Adaptive Sync

Associate
Does adjusting the overdrive on the monitor OSD help?
I read the review for the AGON AG322QC4 and it mentioned that the top level of overdrive only worked when receiving 144Hz, with refresh rates below this causing overshoot. It suggested using the setting below.

Associate
Does adjusting the overdrive on the monitor OSD help?
I read the review for the AGON AG322QC4 and it mentioned that the top level of overdrive only worked when receiving 144Hz, with refresh rates below this causing overshoot. It suggested using the setting below.
The blurriness is reduced when enabling 'Ultra Fast' 'Response Time' mode @ 144Hz, but the colours are off instead upon any movement. The trail might be shorter, but it's more pronounced and everything looks like its had a sharpening filter applied to it in addition to a strange halo of colours when it moves. I would rather just deal with the blurriness of 'Standard' or 'Advanced' mode even though I'm not particularly happy with those either.

Also, I'm still getting the stuttering at 144Hz even with a different DP cable.

Associate
So got this a couple days ago.. grand in games like dirt rally and battlefield 4.. but when I play darker games like Dishonored, Killing floor 2 or Metro 2033 there is much ghosting on blacks/greys and dark colors in general. I knew VA was slow but didnt expect it to be this bad. Even scrolling through youtube comments in dark theme its noticeable, when I move the window to my 8 year old 120hz TN panel its smooth with no blur/smear.

Fiddled with all the settings and the only way to reduce it so its not noticeable is changing the black stabilisation so the blacks are not as dark but then the image looks washed out like a TN.

Maybe im just looking for it all the time since ive noticed it, earlier in dishonored I kept stopping every couple minutes and panning on dark objects, but even running through darker areas I can see it. Will try for a few more days if not I think I might just go for a TN panel, IPS is too expensive and I cant be bothered dealing with glow.

Associate
So after a couple more days I RMAd and will be going for an IPS/TN screen.

The blurring/ghosting was even worse with freesync on as apparently the lower the refresh rate of the monitor the worse the issues is with VA panels. So freesync was unusable for me as as it made the smearing/ghosting terrible below 100hz. Too many downsides on VA for the cost imo, and freesync was one of the main reasons I upgraded my monitor to be rid of tearing

Last edited:
Associate
Fiddled with all the settings and the only way to reduce it so its not noticeable is changing the black stabilisation so the blacks are not as dark but then the image looks washed out like a TN.

Figured out a way to get a better Black Stabilization by setting it to 60 and not have as much washing out of colours. Set digital vibrance to 42% in the nVidia Control Panel > Adjust Desktop Colour Settings (that's a reduction of 8%). Not sure of the equivalent with AMD. If you mess with the software gamma controls then you get banding on gradients.

So my current settings are:

Monitor OSD:

Contrast: 50 (default I think)
Brightness: 60 (increase if... not bright enough!)

View Mode: Standard
Low Input Lag: On (default)
Black Stabilization: 60 (gives good black levels but some colours are washed out. Decrease digital vibrance to compensate)
Advanced Contrast: 0 (default) (text becomes aliased / jagged otherwise)
Blue Light Filter: 50%
Response Time: Normal or Advanced (massive inverse ghosting on movement with Ultra Fast).

Color Temperature: User Color
Red: 91
Green: 90
Blue: 100

OSD Timeout: 30 (!!)
RampageX: Off :)

nVidia Control Panel

Desktop Colour Settings

Digital Vibrance: 42%

Last edited:
Associate
I bought the monitor before finding this post and it arrived today.
So far so good, but it will take a bit of getting used to and playing around to get it just right. I have a 27" Acer XB270H which a great TN screen but wanted a bit a bigger screen, and an AOC 27" IPS, not sure of the model. It was a panic PC World buy after my monitor died.

Initially, I could not run it at 144Hz with the Display Port cable I was using on the Acer at 144Hz with no issue, not without lots of flickering (fine at 60Hz)and after reading over some of the posts I thought it would be a dreaded RMA :(
However, after changing the cable for the one which came with the monitor (I had two in the box) it worked fine, so bonus!

I've only played Guild Wars 2 and X4 Foundations so far and I can't complain, it doesn't have the depth (best word I can come up with) of the Acer but I've not noticed any ghosting, flicker or artefacts.
The only downside with the change, which has nothing to do with the monitor, is my work laptop can only support 1920 x 1080 so it doesn't look great, but that just for work so who cares.

Thanks to all who have helped out on the post, some great pointers which I hope will help me get the most out of the monitor.

Matt

Associate
Hey hope you enjoy it, takes a bit to dial it in and get it to your tastes but really happy with mine now.

I swear it’s got better as it’s bedded in so to speak, also feel your pain with work laptop 1080 looks awful on it, luckily I work from home rarely.

Also gsync is a nice gift from a nvidia

Soldato
I found nvidia adaptive sync to be a pain in the ass and turned it off.
Liked to flicker all the time.

As said though I do think the monitor gets a little better with some usage.

Only thing that bothers me is some of the VA smearing in some certain scenarios.
Seems to be mostly darker/grimy areas it smears with. If its mostly bright, clear colours (eg Apex) it doesnt smear at all to me.

Associate
Anyone else get random blackouts although seems to be driver related noviciate 417.71 are okay but all the latest updates are no go unless turn sync off

I'm using 419.35 drivers, but I've not had any blackout issues since I started using the monitor as my main display with sync on.

Matt

Associate
Hi,
i got this monitor a few days ago and i like it so far, but i cant get the Hz indicator top right of the screen turned off... i found no option in monitor settings for it.

Anyone else?

i also got one stuck blue pixel which is mostly noticable on black background, but im not sure if i want to RMA it because otherwise im very satisfied with it...

Associate
Hi guys I'm extremely interested in this monitor and have been skimming through all the pages bit by bit over the last few days.
I have an i5 8400 and a 1070 ti gpu.
I was looking at Gsync monitors but they are so much more expensive. Now that Nvidia drivers allow freesync compatability (sort of) I was wondering if this was worth getting over full blown G-Sync monitors. I was looking at
Asus ROG Swift PG279Q or Dell S2716DG but I genuinely am interested in this monitor It looks brilliant.
I'd be interested to know how it performs with an Nvidia card with the freesync/gsync etc in games such as Battlefield V and other FPS shooters and 3rd person games? Any feedback most appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom