Hard Drive Pricing going up at an alarming rate!!!!

Soldato
As pre warned, Mechanical storage is going up in price at an alarming rate.

This is unlikely to change before 2012 with price increases potentially going to increase by even more.

These are dark times on the storage front at the moment with deals none existant for some time to come :(

You may indeed be able to buy drives much cheaper elsewhere but they WILL run out of stock very quickly so my advice is that you buy where you can as you will not see affordable storage at all as current stocks deplete.

OcUK Staff
Prices are set to double / triple from what they were a couple of weeks ago by end of this month. Due to mass shortages until next year.

There shall be no more offers on HDD sorry from this point onwards.
If you see a HDD cheap, buy it as not all companies have moved on price yet.

Soldato
And thats why I bought a 2TB hard drive a few weeks ago for £50, as awell as the 1TB that already came with my PC, and the 2TB external NAS drive. I've got backups of backups lol

Associate
Wow, that is a price hike. I got a 500gb and my plan was to add more storage later.

I think I will see what old drives I have knocking around (not your fault for the prices, I know, but cheers for the explanation).

Associate
Crikey it looks like only Samsung have been lucky enough to carry on production. Better get my mate to part with some more cash for his build sharpish :o

Back
Top Bottom