Harry and Meghan to resign

Caporegime
Where have they said that? The problem they face now is that they are required to carry out royal duties and his wife is under constant attack from the press. They can't avoid it. If they stop those duties and move abroad then of course they aren't going to be exposing themselves to as much press coverage. These will always be some but it won't be constant.
It’s not what they have said but what they have implied by stepping back from royal duties.
And I don’t think whether they continue to do royal duties or not, will lessen the press coverage of them.
Perhaps the pair of them should have taken a leaf out of William and Kate and how they deal with the press ;). Become absolute borefests so that the press don’t give a flying hoot about what they do.

Soldato
Lol geezus dude you really need to back off the Harry/Meghan kool aid:p.
Honestly why the hell does this bother you so much?? No one has said the British press/rags aren’t scumbags?? Everyone knows they are but they attract a certain type of people and as long as those people keep buying or clicking their papers/website then there isn’t a single thing that can be done. Other than take them to court for defamation etc.
But I don’t get why you are so pro them?? I wonder if you would be as rabid in your defence if it was William and Kate or someone else.

I'm not on any cool aid and yeah if it was William and Kate I would be the same but it isn't because they are different people and that means the likes of The Mail, Express and Sun aren't going to go after them. Like it or not they have have it in for Meghan because she is an outspoken liberal feminist. It was only a matter of time before they went after her. It's ******** that someone is attacked because their views differ those of the political views of some newspapers. Nothing they have done deserves the crap they are having to put up with and saying "we all know what the British press are like" just excuses the press to keep doing it. Where is the continuing press scrutiny of Andrew? Why isn't that daily news? He has been implicated in underage sex and attending multiple parties for years with sex trafficked underage girls. The Mail, Express and Sun should be chasing that story down week after week but its like it never happened now. I even saw a story in one of them this week of how Andrew has been a rock for the Queen through this. So it seems he's been rehabilitated in their eyes now :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
opens her mouth about politics and stuff and is a liberal feminist. How dare she! :rolleyes:

"liberal" todays means "authoritarian bigot" and feminism is a biological group advocacy ideology so that's more irrational prejudice and authoritarianism. So yes, that combo justifies hostility from any decent person. Same as it would if, for example, the chosen trait for the ideology was being "white" rather than being female.

But regardless of what you think of her politics, it has no place in the public face of the royal family. They're supposed to be completely apolitical. Which is one of the ways in which they lack basic freedoms other people have, but it's part of the role and it's an important part.

Soldato
You didn't think it would be that easy, did you? : Yeah, for a second, I kinda did.
O-Ren Ishii:

Become absolute borefests so that the press don’t give a flying hoot about what they do
because it doesn't happen if it's not on social media .? .. take a leaf from prince charles

Soldato
49420579298_25181c1a3f_c_d.jpg

Soldato
"liberal" todays means "authoritarian bigot" and feminism is a biological group advocacy ideology so that's more irrational prejudice and authoritarianism. So yes, that combo justifies hostility from any decent person. Same as it would if, for example, the chosen trait for the ideology was being "white" rather than being female.

But regardless of what you think of her politics, it has no place in the public face of the royal family. They're supposed to be completely apolitical. Which is one of the ways in which they lack basic freedoms other people have, but it's part of the role and it's an important part.

Ahh have those evil feminists hurt your fragile male pride and made you feel inadequate? Go tell mummy and she'll rub it better. I don't like the term ********* but god damn that is what its meant for.

I don't follow news about the royals, so maybe you can tell me, how is she "under constant attack" from the press?

Just go and read the Daily Mail online. Its free although it rots your soul with every click.

Soldato
Ahh have those evil feminists hurt your fragile male pride and made you feel inadequate? Go tell mummy and she'll rub it better. I don't like the term ********* but god damn that is what its meant for.
Why are you degrading the role of a mother? And why can't a father help their offspring when they have been hurt by someone on the internet?

Associate

Just go and read the Daily Mail online. Its free although it rots your soul with every click.
Alright white knight mate its time for your soy milk.

Soldato
Honestly the amount of men with issues in this thread is ridiculous. You genuinely feel threatened by women but would never admit it. I'd find the whole thing hilarious of it wasn't so ******* sad.

Alright white knight mate its time for your soy milk.

Can't stand the stuff thanks. And why would I need to be their white knight? This isn't fairly tale land or the 1950s. Women are perfectly capable of sticking up for themselves.

Man of Honour
Honestly the amount of men with issues in this thread is ridiculous. You genuinely feel threatened by women but would never admit it. I'd find the whole thing hilarious of it wasn't so ******* sad.

Can't stand the stuff thanks. And why would I need to be their white knight? This isn't fairly tale land or the 1950s. Women are perfectly capable of sticking up for themselves.

So why are you ranting nonsense and look for Big Bad Bogeymen to rave your sexism at so you can portray yourself as a Noble Defender of Women? That's textbook white knighting. You're doing it and then claiming you're not and there's no need to. Your posting isn't even internally consistent, let alone externally consistent.

You remind me of one of those USA clerics from a couple of decades ago, blathering on about the Big Bad Homosexuality they saw as a fearful thing that was everywhere, including where it wasn't. Or the Reds Under The Bed! people from a bit further back. You're seeing things that aren't there. Few posters have even mentioned women in this thread.

Soldato
So why are you ranting nonsense and look for Big Bad Bogeymen to rave your sexism at so you can portray yourself as a Noble Defender of Women? That's textbook white knighting. You're doing it and then claiming you're not and there's no need to. Your posting isn't even internally consistent, let alone externally consistent.

You remind me of one of those USA clerics from a couple of decades ago, blathering on about the Big Bad Homosexuality they saw as a fearful thing that was everywhere, including where it wasn't. Or the Reds Under The Bed! people from a bit further back. You're seeing things that aren't there. Few posters have even mentioned women in this thread.

I'm the sexist here lol. Get a grip man. People like you see sexism in the completely opposite place to where it is. Honestly men who complain about sexism really are having a laugh. We still live in a patriarchal society. If it had reversed to a matriarchal society you could possibly have a point. Yet you try and compare me to crazy homophobic clerics! Sorry but you come across as the old guy in the pub who thinks men are now the downtrodden sex and who wants a return to a time when men were men and women knew their place. Sean Connery says hello.

You realise this is a 99% male forum right? I'm not rushing to defend a woman in here that is under attack. This is a thread commenting on a couple and the woman is getting some ridiculous attacks from posters like you who claim they know exactly what kind of person she is and that kind of person deserves everything she gets. All you know about her is what you've read in the press/seen on social media ands 99% of that is made up or exaggerated/spun to get likes/clicks.

Back
Top Bottom