Harry and Meghan to resign

Associate
He wants the royal title and the money but not have to do all the stuff the royals hate doing but are forced to like all the charity stuff they are made to go speak to smackheads and ex prisoners and stuff and act like they care.

Caporegime
They'll probably become the King and Queen of the USA once the Democrats have finished turning it into Venezuela, a banana republic.

Caporegime
They'll probably become the King and Queen of the USA once the Democrats have finished turning it into Venezuela, a banana republic.

Too late, Trump is already both. It has been a point of humour since about a century ago that the US of today is basically an elected monarchy with useless legislative chambers while the UK has become the opposite since 1776.

Plus the GOP has already turned America into a banana republic, why are billion dollar companies being subsidised while their workers are paid barely anything while costs of living increase immensely? Doesn't sound very free-market to me.

/I'll take the off-topic discussion to go with a hint of vinegar.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Wow, good for them! Bet that took major strength / balls. Kind of inspiring and reassuring to us mortals that even the privileged can be troubled and do brave things.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
He wants the royal title and the money but not have to do all the stuff the royals hate doing but are forced to like all the charity stuff they are made to go speak to smackheads and ex prisoners and stuff and act like they care.

That might be fair to level at some of them but Harry has been active in this respect more than there is any obligation for him to do so and doesn't sound like they are stepping away from charitable stuff.

Caporegime
Seriously, I think they're a class act. The press are disgusting in this country and they're having none of it. You've got to tip your hat to that.

LOL no chance they're becoming financially independent - they'll be flying back and forth across the Atlantic while banging on about climate change etc... taxpayers will still be paying for their security etc.. taxpayers have already forked out for their house renovation in the UK, now they're moving???

Soldato
I believe they want to keep Frogmore cottage for when they stay here.

Doesn't the Queen have the final say on where all the royal children are raised? I think she is their legal guardian.

Caporegime
You must be joking? They are one of the biggest tourist attractions we have.

Are they? Granted the weddings etc.. do seem to be a draw but France is a Republic and still has plenty of tourists visiting their palaces etc... in fact they do better from tourism than us.

Soldato
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...say-they-are-stepping-back-from-royal-family?

Finally off the benefits system. :p

Seriously, I think they're a class act. The press are disgusting in this country and they're having none of it. You've got to tip your hat to that.

In what way are they a class act? The press is the press and her constant bleating is tiresome. I predicted right from the start she wouldn't be happy giving up her hollywood lifestyle the only surprise is Harry is going with her, wonder how long that'll last. She's signalled right from the start she's had no interest in being part of the family firm, refusing to attend family gathering and choosing instead to fly to the US to watch her friend Serena Williams play tournaments etc. The only pity is he/she is only planning to spend half the time over there she should go permanently and good bloody riddance.

Wow some of the comments here about Megan are straight out of the Daily Mail/Katie Hopkins twitter feed.

Harry has made no secret he still struggles with mental health issues, perhaps this is part of it but tbh the way they are treated by the gutter press here in the UK I don't blame them. Go and find some peace and enjoy your lives. The world has no shortage of haters.

Press is very supportive of Harry in general and the Mail is royalist unlike the utter ***** that is the Daily Mirror, pity people don't actually bother to take notice rather than believe whatever fake news the Left is peddling today.

Back
Top Bottom