Harry and Meghan to resign

Caporegime
Are they? Granted the weddings etc.. do seem to be a draw but France is a Republic and still has plenty of tourists visiting their palaces etc... in fact they do better from tourism than us.

One report (and you will never have an exact figure) estimated that the Royal Family contributed £1.8 billion (gross) to the UK economy, £550 million of that was direct tourism.

One estimate came from consultancy Brand Finance who said that in 2017 the monarchy contributed £1.8 billion to the UK economy, of which around £550 million came from tourism.

This is a gross figure (so before the estimated costs have been subtracted). The net contribution estimate is £1.5 billion a year.

This estimate is largely subjective depending on what factors you think should or shouldn’t be included.

Soldato
Why, that's him right there :confused:

So it is :D Should have quoted the other pic really.

My point is he takes after his mothers side not some random ginger, genetic traits commonly skip a generation. Take a look at the 8th earl, Diana's father - almost the same hair colour at the same age:

AbxLXvfl.jpg

Soldato
Thinking about it, I think this will have the complete opposite effect they were hoping for. Their lives will be plagued by the media way more than if they had stayed with the firm but tried to keep it low key.

Caporegime
You must be joking? They are one of the biggest tourist attractions we have.

People come here to what look at Buckingham palace from 600 yards away?

I don't believe that for one second.

Maybe a few nutters do. But I don't know a single person who has come here from abroad to visit the royals specifically. Its been an add on as something to do since it was local. Rather than the main reason for coming.

It's purely made up based on the number of people who happen to walk past Buckingham Palace as part of a much bigger trip.

How many people turn up to a football stadium when a new signing or manager is announced, etc?

So people turning up to royal weddings or when a baby is born is nothing special either.

Look at Iran apparently millions turned up for that generals funeral.

Do you think anybody visited Iran specifically to go see him other than business or family?

It's a joke how much faith is put into the fact people come specifically because we have a royal family.

So does Spain. I've never visited Spain to see them. As does many other countries too.

The royals have quite frankly outlived their use to the country. We have a parliament now.

Caporegime
Knew an american fella who's parents were obsessed with the royals, they'd tape every major event.

Kinda weird really when y'know they had their chance to keep the monarchy

The same America which has people who changed their name to Adolf Hitler and named all their kids after the reich?

Plenty of nutters out there. I'm talking about normal people nobody comes here for them.

They come for other things and just happen to add Buckingham Palace on their list of things to do.

When I went to Los Angeles I went specifically for universal studios, rodeo drive, Beverly Hills, etc. I just happened to do Hollywood along the way, santa Monica pier, muscle Beach etc.

They were add ons rather than a main reason for going.

Soldato
We’ve had a Parliament for hundreds of years.

The institution of the monarchy is integral to British history. I don’t want a republic.

Associate
Harry only gets 5% of his money from the Government, it just said on the news that 95% comes from his dad.

I don't mind the Royal family that much but I think they should get less money from us and also be taxed more like most billionaires.

Back
Top Bottom