Harry and Meghan to resign

Caporegime
If she was white would there be so much hate for her?

She literally looks like a white person with a mild tan.

800px-Meghan-Markle-2018-cropped.jpg

If It hadn't been told her mother was black, I would never have known.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
She literally looks like a white person with a mild tan.

If It hadn't been told her mother was black, I would never have known.

:confused: her skin colour is quite white but she is very much black featured, there is no way i'd think that she had 2 white parents personally. She is a normal mixed race person with lighter than usual skin.

Anyway, on topic. Personally a big fan of the royals and royal history. I'd be very happy for greater expense for them as i see them as a huge asset to the culture of the UK.

Soldato
if the tax payer separately picks up accomodation and travel+security .... it's not a bad number

The monarchy is a net contributor to the state.
interesting to know the contribution to the french state, of all their palaces, to tourism, in comparison, but this debate already happened in royals thread
Netflix has augmented their popularity .. guess they don't get royalties.

Soldato
People calling her a gold digger do realise she's a multi millionaire right? She started out without a pot to **** in and made her own way in life.

The press have been after her from day 1. They ripped her over her family around the wedding, like most families don't have issues in the past ffs. Maybe her mistake was fighting back because the British tabloid press won't tolerate people fighting back and will double down. Why should she just take it on the chin though? Just because she married a royal doesn't mean everything in her life is fair game ffs. If anyone thinks it is then you are part of the problem and the readership the tabloids are aiming at.

It's hilarious that people feel they could predict their marriage wouldn't last. It might not because over time lots don't and they live in a place where every action is scrutinised by the press. Like a relationship isn't difficult enough already without that **** as well. I'm sure Harry looks at what the press are doing to his wife and can see the similarities to his mother. They should get out now and find their own path. I'm sure Harry will still support causes like Invictus Games and they'll both continue to do charitable works.

Caporegime
She started out without a pot to **** in and made her own way in life.

Um, hello? She was born to wealthy middle class parents, she literally grew up in Hollywood, she was educated at expensive private schools, her father's industry connections helped her break into TV acting, and after easing her way into the Hollywood elite she married a multi-millionaire producer when she was 30.

This woman was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She's never known a day without luxury, and she's enjoyed every advantage in life. 'Started out without a pot to **** in', my arse!

:rolleyes:

Soldato
This thread and people in this thread is exactly why they have made the decision and who can blame them. They are free to do what they want...its no ones business apart from theirs.

Theres been more outrage over this then someone in the royal family being a bloody nonce ffs.

Caporegime
They are free to do what they want...

They are free to do what they want within the limits of Royal convention.

its no ones business apart from theirs.

For as long as they are public figures funded by the public purse, it is very much everyone's business. Hell, they even issued a public press release, which is not what people do when they're keeping their business to themselves.

Theres been more outrage over this then someone in the royal family being a bloody nonce ffs.

He might indeed be a nonce, but since he's never been charged (let alone convicted) I'll save my outrage for when this is actually confirmed.

Soldato
OP
People calling her a gold digger do realise she's a multi millionaire right? She started out without a pot to **** in and made her own way in life.

The press have been after her from day 1. They ripped her over her family around the wedding, like most families don't have issues in the past ffs. Maybe her mistake was fighting back because the British tabloid press won't tolerate people fighting back and will double down. Why should she just take it on the chin though? Just because she married a royal doesn't mean everything in her life is fair game ffs. If anyone thinks it is then you are part of the problem and the readership the tabloids are aiming at.

It's hilarious that people feel they could predict their marriage wouldn't last. It might not because over time lots don't and they live in a place where every action is scrutinised by the press. Like a relationship isn't difficult enough already without that **** as well. I'm sure Harry looks at what the press are doing to his wife and can see the similarities to his mother. They should get out now and find their own path. I'm sure Harry will still support causes like Invictus Games and they'll both continue to do charitable works.

Great post, I couldn't have put it better myself.

You reply with some bizarre nonsense and expect me to decode it? No wonder you think these two people are so great. You’re not really capable of much are you.

Calm down, you're far too easily triggered. My response to you was a tongue in cheek reference to the Daily Mail type scrutiny she receives regarding what she looks like. Is that what she did to "provoke rage from the public"?

If not, then what has she done to provoke rage? It's a reasonable question, considering that you made the statement. And try to reply without insults, it's really unnecessary.

Soldato
I didn't realise she was mixed race either until their wedding and her mum was there.

If the genders were reversed in this situation or if this were a normal couple then we'd all be talking about whether there was emotional abuse or a coercive situation going on here. Emotional abusers deliberately separate and alienate their partners from friends and family. It's quite sad to see what is happening, especially given Harry's mental health challenges he's had since his mother died.

Back
Top Bottom