• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Has Anyone Moved From Nvidia To Amd And Not Regretted It

What do you mean by this one? You can force vsync in Adrenaline. (Gaming > Graphics)

Unless I have misunderstood.

That only reliably works in OpenGL games. Everything else is all over the place whether it works on not (I never had it work on anything but Opengl when I had amd, but others claim to have had it work in directx games).

Nvidia's works in everything + can force things like half refresh vsync as well.

It's a small quality of life thing, but definitely contributes to the "worse driver" mindset. Take Dead Space 1 (original release), in game vsync is busted and will cap you at 30fps.

Nvidia, just force vsync through control panel, problem is fixed.

AMD, forcing vsync does nothing.

You have to mess around with 3rd party stuff like dxvk or special K to force vsync and fix it on AMD.

Last edited:
That only reliably works in OpenGL games. Everything else is all over the place whether it works on not (I never had it work on anything but Opengl when I had amd, but others claim to have had it work in directx games).

Nvidia's works in everything + can force things like half refresh vsync as well.

It's a small quality of life thing, but definitely contributes to the "worse driver" mindset. Take Dead Space 1 (original release), in game vsync is busted and will cap you at 30fps.

You have to mess around with 3rd party stuff like dxvk or special K to force vsync and fix it on AMD.
the official documentation on amd's website states that the vsync option is exclusively for opengl games.. idk why they are not working on basic features and instead adding features for youtubers, more than 90% of the GPU consumer base are not youtubers.. if that helps in decision making
nvdia too is going the same route with the nvidia app.. lol

Well I never knew that! I must admit, I do have that set but then I always set in games as well. Or where applicable, cap fps. Can't say ever noticed an issue. But yeah I always assumed that setting just did it for everything!

I went from a 1070 Ti that I only owned for a couple of months to a 5700 XT. The former just did not have enough grunt. The latter was later acknowledged to be on par with the 1080 Ti, and it showed. It was a noticeable upgrade that got my Shadow of The Tomb Raider experience to where I wanted it to be, and later managed a very passable performance in Cyberpunk 2077.

I then went to a 7900 XT, and that's been an absolute beast in general. Only in the odd (usually UE5) titles has it disappointed, and I think that's more to do with bad optimisation. Either that or I should just accept that Frostpunk 2 is a 30-40 fps title that looks and runs worse than it's predecessor did on my 5700 XT. Turning on frame generation as a crutch to make up the frame rate, and it's fizzle central.

I've otherwise successfully avoided FSR, frame generation, and upscaling in general (at 4K60 and UWQHD@100Hz) on the 7900 XT.

This toggle should work across APIs now.

Two years ago, I personally pushed for all of our gfx overrides to work globally, especially since we had just transitioned to all PAL-based gfx API UMDs around then.

If there are any examples of specific games not working with an override, let me know.

Not sure what's happening with all of these deleted messages. Can you tell me what your system and exact OS build number is?

Can you elaborate on these browser lag and stability issues? Which browser is this with, and under which use cases?

Get your devs to web browse on chrome or edge, run a youtube video at 4k, scroll X/twitter and Switch tabs, you will soon notice it will bug out. On 24H2.

I have been on Nvidia since well basically since they come out, but noticing the 7900xt and 7900xtx getting great reviews.
So fancy a change as either of them cards are great by looking at the reviews so was wondering if anyone has made the change
and if so was it worth it or did you change back thanks.
Swapped my 3080 for a 7900XT and no regrets.

I'm really wanting to go AMD for the next card but having had 4870, GT 260, 290x and now a 1070ti, haven't noticed any significant changes in support/drivers between the two

I was looking at the 7900XTX or XT moving from a 3080FE as I upgraded to a 4k screen, but I'll probably end up dithering until 5xxx comes out. What res are you playing at?
Playing at 1440p most games high to ultra and get great fps the main game PUBG rocking at 235fps with a couple of adjustments to get that on nvidia cost me around £250 to £300 more.

Back
Top Bottom