Has EA stolen my money?

Associate
Hi Guys, i feel like EA has just put two fingers up at me and has taken my money..

Basically i purchased Battlefield 5 PC played it for about 3 hours total over a week then i get banned for cheating? I've never cheated in my life and i have all the BF games.. Anyway i send EA a web note saying i have been banned from the online game with the ban code and there reply was:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about your account action.

We got your note and did a full investigation of your account. After reviewing your case, we determined that we took the correct action in accordance with EA policies and procedures.

So does this look like i'm screwed out of my game/money? i was more p####d off that the game was paid for on my credit card and still needs paying for :( Surely they need to tell me exactly why they banned me so it doesn't happen again if i was to purchase it again in the future.

Soldato
It's good you bought it on your credit card, you get some level of customer protection from them. Now they probably don't *have* to refund you if EA can say you're in breach of their terms, but they may do anyway.

EDIT: although be aware getting a payment bounced usually ends up in your account being shut down....

Last edited:
Soldato
Tell them your experience wasnt enjoyable in the game as they dont allow cheating and ask for a refund.
Steam allow refunds if the game is played for a very short period, im guessing EA probably do too.

Soldato
Hi Guys, i feel like EA has just put two fingers up at me and has taken my money..

Basically i purchased Battlefield 5 PC played it for about 3 hours total over a week then i get banned for cheating? I've never cheated in my life and i have all the BF games.. Anyway i send EA a web note saying i have been banned from the online game with the ban code and there reply was:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about your account action.

We got your note and did a full investigation of your account. After reviewing your case, we determined that we took the correct action in accordance with EA policies and procedures.

So does this look like i'm screwed out of my game/money? i was more p####d off that the game was paid for on my credit card and still needs paying for :( Surely they need to tell me exactly why they banned me so it doesn't happen again if i was to purchase it again in the future.

I hate cheating and i wish devs would take people who cheat much more seriously, and the BF games have been rife with it... however shoe on the other foot it sucks massively if they are banning people incorrectly.

at the very least EA should tell you the evidence they used against you....... do you by any chance use 3rd parts apps, possibly in a different game?

for instance i have been told to make sure i disable voice attack if i play some online games because voice maccos is considered cheating in some games.

i hope you get to the bottom of this, and either get your account unlocked or a refund.

Soldato
macros in general can give you an advantage i suppose, not just voice activated however i suppose for the same reason that VA helps me in elite (aside from just immersion which is why i use it)

you can set up difficult to achieve combos with a simple voice command that are hard to pull off on a controller for instance...... however i am just telling you what i was told. it is not something i am experienced in.

hypothetically (I have not tried it) i imagine you could set up voice maccros for all sorts of special moves in a fighting game.

Man of Honour
LOL 16-1 KDR is that Haha not cheating my ass.

KDR means nothing really - though it is harder to sustain a high KDR over many many hours of gameplay versus having the odd good game. Someone who goes full on vehicle ****** in a Battlefield game can easily run 20-30+ to 1 KDR ratio especially if they are playing in a 2-3 man squad on voice comms versus random pub players.

My little brother was banned from BF5 too, they said it was 'scout mode' on his soundcard that triggered it.

This worries me a bit with the AE-5 though I have scout mode disabled and don't have a use for it any how.

Tell them your experience wasnt enjoyable in the game as they dont allow cheating and ask for a refund.
Steam allow refunds if the game is played for a very short period, im guessing EA probably do too.

Most games have terms and conditions you agree to at purchase time that prohibit the use of cheats or other unauthorised modifying of the client. So you'd have no come back in that respect.

Back
Top Bottom