Have you ever destroyed any hardware/software purposefully through RAGE!

If it counts...

When I was about 6 I played cricket with my older brothers and their mates. My team fielded first. They never let me bowl (why would they? I was 6!). I stood for one hour fielding in a place where the ball never came. Anyway when it was my team's turn to bat I was the last to bat. After nearly two hours of wait, it was my turn. The guy who bowled at me (and was a lot older!) took no prisoners, and didn't care that I was 6, and bowled me out.

I flipped, and threw the bat. It broke in two pieces. :p

I like this one :) Eye witness account only, but I had similar when a batsman deflected the ball to one of the greenhouses out of rage as his team was losing :p

Soldato
I once put my fist through (OK so it didn't go through it, but it did smash the screen) an Acer G24 monitor (the one with an orange bezel), it kept going into standby mid game, drove me crazy! Should probably have RMA'd it.......

Soldato
No I haven't because I'm not a mindless ape :p

I never get it when people get so angry they destroy something. My friend recently said to me "I was so angry I punched the wall" then went on to show me his bruised knuckles. I never get it, you're a moron if you can't contain your emotions and instead have to turn Caveman mode on and hit something :p

Soldato
I had an old CRT monitor that used to keep flickering and the screen kept going pink. Originally I used to bash it on the side to wake it up and return to normal colours. As months went by it got worse and I had to whack it harder and more often. Till one day it had enough. After beating the **** out of it i had to go and buy another.

Soldato
i managed to completely dissect a ps1 controller using a surgical instrument known as 'the wall'. gran turismo was not being nice to me at the time :)

also punched my old razer mouse whilst drunk and playing cs:s and snapped the flimsy bit of plastic that links the bit you rest your finger on to the microswitch. patched it together with glue, which worked for about 2 years, then finally gave up.

Soldato
No I haven't because I'm not a mindless ape :p

I've destroyed things when angry, I can't really call it rage though because it's always some cheap tat, a £2 alarm clock or an empty bottle.

My rage is fake, controlled to not break my nice things, I'm such a sham :(

Soldato
yes, many, mainly keyboards.

infact my sony vaio laptop you can just see an imprint of my fist where some of the keys have sunk under the pressure, still works tho, testiment to sony's build quality :p

Associate
I have destroyed a few bits in my time but nothing recently, a few snes pads got a whack or two and a vintage pic from around 8 or 9 years ago of a troublesome KD7a Raid board that caused me grief.

Dscf0007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom